Fixing a Gun Cabinet to Breeze block

I agreed with my F.A.O that a loft was a suitable place to fit my gun cabinet, however I have been up and there is no joists, its a new house so they are just small supporting buts of wood etc, However I have breeze block walls either side up there, I am waiting to ring the FAO on monday to confirm this is ok. What do you guys think?

Also what is the best method to fix to breeze block? Chemical fix???

Thanks

I agreed with my F.A.O that a loft was a suitable place to fit my gun cabinet, however I have been up and there is no joists, its a new house so they are just small supporting buts of wood etc, However I have breeze block walls either side up there, I am waiting to ring the FAO on monday to confirm this is ok. What do you guys think?

Also what is the best method to fix to breeze block? Chemical fix???

Thanks

I am sure that the fao would prefer your cabinet to be secured to the wall as opposed to the timber (if given the choice)

There are multiple masonary anchors you could use, ranging from hammer fixings (plastic wallplug type) to rawl fixings (bolt type)

The latter i would suggest, somewhere in the range of 12-15mm should do the trick ;)

Four of them bad boys in the back of your cabinet and it aint going anywhere in a hurry.

:thumbs:

Got one of mine in the loft secured to the gable end. These are 4" concrete block, & having worked for Hilti's before, I used the chemical fixings, sets like granite, easier to fit than bolt fixings, just give it time to set,

HLAH

drill some 12mm holes and set then if with some chemfix then bolt it on that will do more than hold it

use resin or chem fix if it can hold a steel staircase up it will hold a cabnit i should no im a steel fitter lol i would go with chem fix

Is it worth paying all the extra cash out for a chemical anchor??

:hmm:

Got one of mine in the loft secured to the gable end. These are 4" concrete block, & having worked for Hilti's before, I used the chemical fixings, sets like granite, easier to fit than bolt fixings, just give it time to set,

HLAH

How is it easier to fit than a normal bolt fixing??

You still have to mark and drill four holes, then fill it whatever you decide.

use resin or chem fix if it can hold a steel staircase up it will hold a cabnit i should no im a steel fitter lol i would go with chem fix

Cool, this is what I will do, So can I get this from B&Q etc? So I need this and EXPANDING BOLTS? or what else do I fix with the chem fix so I can bolt into it?

Or is it just a case of drilling the holes, filling with chemical fix and the pushing the bolts thro' the cabinet and into the wall?

Thanks

Edited by snipper

HLAH

Yep, drill four holes, but if your out with the bolt fixings & you come to fit the gun cabinet, it can be a bit awkward lining the holes up. But with the chemical resin you just put your cabinet against the wall, mark the holes, drill them, put the cabinet back on the wall/lined up with the holes, squeeze the resin in, push the threaded bar into the holes, let it set, then tight the nuts to keep the cabinet onto the wall,

HLAH

HLAH

Yep, drill four holes, but if your out with the bolt fixings & you come to fit the gun cabinet, it can be a bit awkward lining the holes up. But with the chemical resin you just put your cabinet against the wall, mark the holes, drill them, put the cabinet back on the wall/lined up with the holes, squeeze the resin in, push the threaded bar into the holes, let it set, then tight the nuts to keep the cabinet onto the wall,

HLAH

Thank you,

Where is the best place to get the kit?