• 2 weeks later...

well i am new to deer stalking roe (not lucky enough to have red or fallow stalking) nice deer cramp, any deer i have shot have been neck shots and all droped on the spot (i recently purchaced a shot placement and reaction dvd ) that was quite informative

I would be interested to see that DVD whatre did you get it and who is it by?

Dave

dave the exact name of the dvd is shot placement & deer reaction by sh productions i got it from www. cabelas.com (in the states) it has over 128 mins of good action some is bow hunting but is stil quite informative (i dont know if it can be purchaced in the uk or not

Just watched the shot placement and dear reaction video thanks to fox shot. It makes interesting watching and I woud recomend it to all. one point is that the americans safety such as muzzle awareness is not as good as most in the UK and they will take shots that most brits would pass on unless it was in the context of puting an injured beast out of its misery.

That said highly recomended.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest foxkiller
You should be in bed at this time of night at your age cramp :haha::haha::p

my self i would go for a good heart shot but it all depends on the range of the shot 80yds is ok for a neck shot but say 150 then it would have to be a heart n lung shot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest EWOK
Just watched the shot placement and dear reaction video thanks to fox shot. It makes interesting watching and I woud recomend it to all. one point is that the americans safety such as muzzle awareness is not as good as most in the UK and they will take shots that most brits would pass on unless it was in the context of puting an injured beast out of its misery.

That said highly recomended.

Dave

Your right Dave, we are not as safe as we should be and I've taken some shots I shouldn't, but I'm sure you haven't seen some of the things I have out of American shooters, some I will not hunt around anymore. It's hard but with years of trying I've finally got were I can pass on a buck as long as the racks is not too big then I'm like a kid again and down he must go, some way, some how, its almost like you will never get another chance, and believe me, if he's big you will not. All in all, I haven't lost too many deer in all my years of hunting and most of the ones I have seem to have been sure hits in the vitals.