Sign in to follow this  
kiwi

out for a deer back with a boar

been too hot for any pighunting, time of the year that we chase marlin and tuna but took my pups out to the wool shed to get more stocktraining as we are shearing lambs, after it cooled off i went off to get a spiker for the bbq taking the pups with me for a walk found a group of spikers and doing the crawling thing towards them airedale x thinking it was playtime was having a great time pulling on me camo jacket etc while i'm trying to get in to position both with the gun and so i can take some pic's as well then me black pup gives a growl and a woof as a boar which had been feeding on a dead cow jumps out and heads towards the bush quick up and boom with the 3006 has pork instead of venison, the deer ran off. pups took off and scragged the kicking pig so pretty happy as it was the hairydogs first pig. can't wait til winter and the deer can wait til next days off.firstpig2006042.jpgfirstpig2006036.jpg

lucky i took that gun and not the 223 which i planned on taking lol

Guest knocavoeboy

thats quite an accomplishment to hit a running boar with a 3006 fair play mate. have very little shooting experience but thats still impressive.

Guest young lampers

nice catches mate send us some for me frezzer lol :p:p