which longwing would suit short slips

jamesy

Which longwing or hybrid longwing, would suit best short slips on game birds flushed by a HPR or spaniel, and also waiting on for flushed game, and maybe take a bit of the black stuff.

all close in flights.

cheers

so it would be mainly from check kills for a male pere/saker on game, from waiting on.

what would be the down side to a female, as am sure a female could bind to a game bird, and would wait on to,

if a male pere/saker was flown from the fist would it gain height before he went in for the kill then

and would a female straight line chase for the kill.

am not looking to buy a longwing at the moment just intrested.

every other bird is different, some that are bred right just don't make the grade in the wrong hands, you could be lucky and get a all rounder but its very slim, i have only saw one in my life.

mmmm and guess what sort i would end up with,,,

cheers chaos

My mate has a 7 year old pere x saker that takes crows from the fist and waits on for game, i dont see the point in flying game off the fist with a longwing, but anyway, you need to pick one discipline first like off the fist crow hawking, then the following season you could train it be a gamehawk and the possibly in the 3rd season you could switch between the two styles.

You will have an allround bird but it will be a jack of all trades, master of none and basically it will be a checky gamehawk, there are loads of birds like this that people get rid of because they cant stop it checking and gamehawk flights get ruined continually.

The easiet route would be to buy a trained gamehawk that is being sold due to check and save yourself the hassle of training your own and ruining a fresh bird.

cheers

Which longwing or hybrid longwing, would suit best short slips on game birds flushed by a HPR or spaniel, and also waiting on for flushed game, and maybe take a bit of the black stuff.

all close in flights.

cheers

My mate has a 7 year old pere x saker that takes crows from the fist and waits on for game, i dont see the point in flying game off the fist with a longwing, but anyway, you need to pick one discipline first like off the fist crow hawking, then the following season you could train it be a gamehawk and the possibly in the 3rd season you could switch between the two styles.

You will have an allround bird but it will be a jack of all trades, master of none and basically it will be a checky gamehawk, there are loads of birds like this that people get rid of because they cant stop it checking and gamehawk flights get ruined continually.

The easiet route would be to buy a trained gamehawk that is being sold due to check and save yourself the hassle of training your own and ruining a fresh bird.

cheers

all close in flights.

cheers

thanks steve

nice bit of info there.

cheers