Tracer Shotgun Ammo

Does anybody know if there is any tracer ammo available in the UK for shotguns? I know Nickersons used to make some but have not for a while in partnership with another small munitions manufacturer.

As I understand there was only one firm which held the license to manufacture tracer for shotguns and that has now either closed or been bought out and does not exist.

Anybody else have any info?

Eley Kynoch made them, 1938 to 1946 and again in 1967 to 1970. gamebore made them around 1970, called "Manton Tracer". The only ones that I am aware of being made today are in the USA. If you find any eley's, they are unlikely to work, there was a problem with the barium mix becoming insensitive after 6 months or so.

Some interesting old cartridges there bobndog. Are they your "swaps" from a collection, or are you like me? Keep saying one day, I'll make a display case for these!!! Is that a war dept "SG" for home guard at the front?

I think my local dealer has got some im sure i saw some today when i was looking through his stock for some 410. I will be going back there later on this week i will see who makes them. i think they were called tru tracer.