OLD V's NEW

He seems to think its other people going over old ground to try to get at him because hes no longer on the net forums in any way or form,

Lamps

In some cases im sure thats true, in others such as mine its for other reasons of which both I and simon know the reasons why.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

truer a word has never been said Chalkie yes there not much on these internets for guys that have been at the game for years, there a few on here that wrote a few books who talk with fork tounges talking to the editor of a a mag the other day a good old guy and a few years ago i got a email from another writer saying this and that, well to me there not worth there salt , ive never liked hedge crawlers just honest hunting guys who talk throug the hunting expeirences not every bodys elses all the best to genuine people , i have hunted with simon white head as he only stays, not far from my inlaws had a good few days and nites with him he was alrite but nothing specail , caught several rabbs with dogs with him and ferretd lamped he was after a dog i says your welcome to see mines ,any way he liked what he saw but mines are not just for rabbits etc but he was alrite when i hunted with him and well behaved 4 yrs ago maybe diff now i dunno, all the best to those that hunt for enjoyment and the crack

And talking of 'pop',...is it the late night drink that causes folk to be so aggressive and say such hurtful things,.or are they just naturally mean... :hmm:

i don,t drink , so must be naturally mean :thumbs:

Well what can I say….

I was rather suprised to read such negative comments concerning somebody that I regard as a good friend of mine..

As for this article ….. have you all read it ? or do you just want to put the boot in ? The article itself is really neither here nor there, you are given a space with somewhere around 800 to 1000 words, and in an effort to get it all in you inevitably leave something out. As for answering the questions posed by Mr. Molecatcher, why should he ? This article closes along the lines of ' what ever the method you use, as long as it works for you carry on' (I can't quote it word for word as my wife lit the fire with it)

A good textbook should provide all the answers, while an article in a mag is really something to read while you’ve got your feet up in front of the fire; then roll it up and cuff the dog with it for eating your slippers.

I live in the same town as both S.W. and the Molecatcher, last season we had plenty of good sessions out together and all was well with the world, and we had some good laughs, and I have learnt a lot from both of them.

I say good luck to him, catchin rabbits, writing, and working at all the shows is bloody hard work, there really are not many people on this site, or any other site could say that they make there way in this world in such a manner. I think he advocates well for the sport and the welfare of ferrets in general. Anybody that writes on a subject which is close to many peoples hearts will always evoke some sort of reaction, and so it should. But to just stand there pissing into the field sports tent is quite another thing, so if you’ve got something to say keep it constructive..

The wind is up, and I’m out with S.W. tonight with the longnets……

Regards

Mr. E

CHALKWARREN Posted Today, 01:01 PM

There has ALWAYS been a bit of localised animosity and disagreement amongst hunting men,.but feck me,..never such a downright hatred and nastiness that I have seen for myself over the last six or seven years....I really don't know what causes it

Quite how one can avoid such things I genuinely don't know....

Perhaps just sit back and keep stoom,...don't say feck all or give an opinion/advice on ANYTHING

Because sure as 'eggs is eggs'..some fecker is bound to have a pop....

And talking of 'pop',...is it the late night drink that causes folk to be so aggressive and say such hurtful things,.or are they just naturally mean...

Whatever....its no fun anymore,....in fact,...for me personaly,...it is an experience that I can well do without....

And putting things in the most basic of perspectives,...we are frequently arguing/debating with guys that quite plainly dislike us,.so,.why spend time with such folk,...its fecking ridiculous ,..surely....

Where is the pleasure in it.... :

The problem as I see it is that this Internet 'thing' is so easy to click onto,...almost like a bad habit...

I know better than most what you mean, in another site I was on the reciving end of a sharp tounge, the problem could be to much drink :drink: like you say but I feel it is more to do with people being in the safty of there own home when they spout shite, if they where stood next to some one in a bar in danger of getting a bat for there lip they would be a little more careful of what was being said :boxing:

Maybe some folk should not post at night on a full stomach and a empty head

Simon rang me today the first time I have ever spoken to the man on the phone to ask why I had been bringing up the past, a thing I knew nothing about untill today, Lamper thanks for the apology but it shows how easy the internet can cause problems

Edited by john hubery
Mr E cant resist it, but will you be using a basket or traditional net to night

Nice one John

I will be using one of Molecatchers finest baskets, I can't be buggering bout with all those loose bits of string, hazel poles, half hitches,and bloody clove hitches... I have enough trouble tieing my shoe laces :D

The wind is dropping off though, may just go out with the dogs

regards

Mr. E

As for answering the questions posed by Mr. Molecatcher, why should he ? This article closes along the lines of ' what ever the method you use, as long as it works for you carry on'

thats fine to say what ever works for you and all that but like i explained to you during our phone conversation today, and as i have always said it wasnt a case of opinions and personal methods it was blatant statements of this or that doesnt work full stop. maybe it didnt work for simon but to generalise and say it wont work is either arragant or brash.

Edited by mole catcher
As for answering the questions posed by Mr. Molecatcher, why should he ? This article closes along the lines of ' what ever the method you use, as long as it works for you carry on'

thats fine to say what ever works for you and all that but like i explained to you during our phone conversation today, and as i have always said it wasnt a case of opinions and personal methods it was blatant statements of this or that doesnt work full stop. maybe it didnt work for simon but to generalise and say it wont work is either arragant or brash.

I couldnt agree more with you mole catcher but it may of came out wrong in the writting of the artical or it may be like you said very ''arragent or brash'' i think the only person who knows is the man in question, dont get me wrong im not defending the man in the slightest. I am another number that has met him but it was only the once at a game fair once but thats nether here or there :whistling: .D.

I couldnt agree more with you mole catcher but it may of came out wrong in the writting of the artical or it may be like you said very ''arragent or brash'' i think the only person who knows is the man in question, dont get me wrong im not defending the man in the slightest. I am another number that has met him but it was only the once at a game fair once but thats nether here or there :whistling: .D.

Danf.... that was the whole point of my post on the other forum, to give him the chance to explain weither i had got it all wrong. To clear it up as to if he ment it was simply his own opinion or if it was written as i read it, statements of facts.

Edited by mole catcher
Mr E how did it go last night

Hi John

decided to drop a net after all, it was pissing down with rain but as we all know you can wait a long time for the right night. Only did the one drop and got 3 rabbits, used the rest of the evening having a shine round. We saw plenty, and it is hoped that the weather should be fine for tomorrow night. The wind is comming from the WSW gusting up in the evening (Accuweather prediction which have proven to be fairly good) So hopfully it will be all on for tomorrow, have planned several drops. I have never had a really big number of bunnies for one drop yet, but I do live in hope.

If not I am up in Licnconshire at the weekend, and the number of Bunnies up there is very good at the momment, All the lads I goup there with are shooters and would not give you a shilling for a longnet old or new, but I am doing my best to educate them, they have finally come round to my way of thinking with the Lurchers, so I hope one good drop with a longnet should put them on the rightious path to redemption.

All the Best Mr. E

Danf.... that was the whole point of my post on the other forum, to give him the chance to explain weither i had got it all wrong. To clear it up as to if he ment it was simply his own opinion or if it was written as i read it, statements of facts.

Sorry chap i dint get what i ment across very well. Its a shame he has not put up a reply to the first thread yet because as easy as it is to join this forum he could put one reply/statment and that would be it sorted.... But the case is he has not so in my mind and im sure a few others it seems like you have your answer .D.

Having read through all the threads on this item, I felt that I must add an observation. I have read the article concerned in The CW and have to say I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Mr Whitehead says several times that what works for you is fine, and he is merely saying that the 'new' type of longnet is preferable to him for daytime ferreting only! He is not saying that it beats the traditional nets in all situations, but is giving his point of view which is exactly what magazine articles are all about aren't they?

That being said, his written words have clearly angered some people and maybe they are entitled to feel that way, but after that the comments have gone off on a tangent. No longer are we discussing the magazine article and the merits of New vs Old, but it has degenerated into a personal attack on a fellow Fieldsportsman.

I don't know Mr Whitehead personally, but I do have a couple of his DVDs and have seen his display at several Game Fairs. It is true that when you have seen his display once, you have seen it every time ("I am just a simple lad, maybe that's why my mother called me Simon" etc), but it must be said that it is entertaining for the people who are out for a good day and surely that's what it is all about. Whether you like or loathe the man, one thing cannot be disputed and that's the fact that he promotes the well-being of the humble ferret, and how many other ferreters can lay claim to that (please don't write back to say that YOU do - I am simply trying to make a point here !!).

I would suggest that if you have a personal comment to make about somebody then it should be just that PERSONAL and should not be aired publicly on this site which is designed to be used for a sharing of information and enjoyable anecdotes. Fieldsports are going through very difficult times at the moment, and we should be seen to be supporting each other not back-biting. Some of the comments made here are just the sort of ammunition the The LACS and other similar organisations relish, so by all means disagree with magazine articles if you so desire but let's avoid the personal attacks.

Enjoy your hunting !!

Dave R