Hard Ground

Guest Keeps

Theres been a few hard frosts these past few nights which has made the ground a little hard to risk the running dogs. So Indie had to stop at home today :( We decided to take the terriers out, they enjoy a bit of ferreting and especially bushing bunnies.

start1.jpg

start2.jpg

Setting the nets

nets1.jpg

Don’t know if it was because it was so cold but at first the rabbits didn’t really want to bolt, which called for a bit of digging, on some very stony ground :blink:

holes.jpg

hole2.jpg

but eventually it paid off :D

dig1.jpg

ferret1.jpg

dig2.jpg

a bit later on the rabbits started to bolt

bolt2.jpg

bolt3.jpg

da6953f3.jpg

Daisy made friends with the ferrets, she’s always been very dodgy with them :icon_redface: but taking her out with them seemed to do the trick; this was only her 2nd time out

daisy_ferret.jpg

daisy3.jpg

the terriers thoroughly enjoyed themselves bushing in the long grass & bracken, they followed a few to ground, which was very helpful

terriers1.jpg

terriers2.jpg

terrier3.jpg

Guest pan.handle

keeps you sure set a high standard of post and pics :clapper::clapper::clapper:

thats some hole young smudge is digging :icon_eek::icon_eek:

I would have loved to see indie behind them rabbits, still the terriers enjoyed themselves......

keep the posts coming

Pan

Smudge has always liked digging holes  :11: as you will soon find out  ;) 

Indie  wouldn't have been far behind them Pan..........still theres always another day  :)

keeps

looks like a good day, nice to see all your plummers getting along, bet your neighbours are loving your kennels at the moment

Celt

We took one of the youngsters out with us yesterday, we took her out last week and she did very well; she bolted a few bunnies & looked very promising. Anyway, yesterday after coming out of one of the sets in the morning she looked a bit peaky, not at all her usual bright eyed self, so we put her back in the ferret box for the remainder of the day.

We found her dead today :cry: I don't know quite what happened to her yesterday but guess that she must have been kicked

RIP little Mocha :(

Yesterday

3c1df271.jpg

last week

14.jpg

Me as well wickedweasel, don't suppose Ill ever find out though, there wasnt a mark on her. I think she'd been kicked, she seemed dazed drowsy & floppy but I didn't expect her to die.

Diesel the terriers are fine, they will hold the rabbits in the nets till you get to them, but they don't damage the nets, they learn to let go when you tell them to :) Im really pleased with the youngest plummer, I never thought she'd make it ferreting, shes never been very trustworthy with ferrets :11:

shes not much bigger than the bunnies :unsure:

daisy2.jpg