nice going jimmy 

Had a good night Mitch

would of been more if we both did not have work in the morning

you do know them rabbits are pretend rabbits dont you there not real

thats what Mark say,s any way lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell, I knew I should have come on here the day after...soz Mac, been away again with work so hardly been on the web. Now I've to try to remember what happened 2 weeks ago and I can hardly remember last night..

I've been a real fair weather shooter this year, don't think the HW110 left the house between Nov and April....every time I went by the fields they were either flooded or covered in snow this year...and can't get the new motor covering in mud, or rabbit gore either. Anyhow, saw the sun was out, and as I drove passed one of the fields on my way home from work I spotted 6-7 rabbits basking one night so gave Mac a shout to see if he fancied a run out. Rocked up at around 8 and was sad to see Sean couldn't make it down (next time bud), after the usual scoping up we both headed out to the field, Mac one direction me the other. I had seen a few in the corner of the field, but 100 yrds plus away and they had gone by the time I got there. On looking in the paddock I saw another 3. Hop the fence (well more of a lumber over) and took my first rabbit at around 35 yrds. Hung around for Mac who arrive empty handed. I then spotted another couple and waved Mac over to have a pop. He did his usual creep up to 5 yrds and try to tickle the rabbit. One ran but he took a shot on another (I was watching through my scope) and hit the rabbit full in the head. A huge puff of fur, rabbit rocks backwards then runs into the hedge, like he'd been wacked with a stick but was otherwise ok. You can imagine the grumble from Mac. After hanging round 15 min we walked on.

I'd gone back to the car to drop the first rabbit in then went to the back fields. Plenty around again down the edges of the field, managed to take another 2 at 25 and 45 yrds. I should have had more, but I hadn't got the new QD stud for the 110 yet, so no sling and no pod. I tried going prone but without the pod it was a bit of an arse on. So taking kneeling shots, but I was taking too long to steady my aim (bit rusty having been in hibernation all winter) and the rabbits were running. Not worth snatching shots.

I went back to the car to wait for Mac and he had picked up 4. We'd only been out 3 hours, but I had a call at 7am the next day and Jimmy was working early too, so just called it. I'd also managed to twist my damn ankle on some rocks which was a pisser.

Was grand to get back out and catch up with Mac. Having a bit of a battle with my work perm as we have a new site director and he's a bit funny on timing. They wanted us to only shoot after 12, so I've said nah, I have to work too, so you can go back to paying Mitie to do it if you want. To which he baulked and we are in negotiations over when we can get back on again, as usual, money talks.

I was gutted to lose my allotment perm over the winter. I'd been getting a few and learning how to shoot in glass houses when the council had a moan and asked me to stop (council image and all that). Pointed out the liability the council had to control the rabbits, also had 90% of the allotment owners complain to the council that I was doing a good job, but I'm current playing ball until we can find a solution there too.  By all accounts the rabbits are growing in number and enjoying the spring growing season...

Well, here is to plenty of sun, warm nights and getting a bipod soon.

Daz

• Like 1