Sign in to follow this  
Ashy Ashcroft

Connecting Long Nets Together

I've just made a 50yard net and got a 25yard ( both spun poly is there any videos on a way to connect them. Thx in advance

Permanently or just for use? Be much handier having 2, and just overlap them an if you mean just to use. I usualy just overlap the pins

• Like 1

Permanently or just for use? Be much handier having 2, and just overlap them an if you mean just to use. I usualy just overlap the pins

Yes permanently was gonna make 100 yard but thort could just add that on and go again

Then what if you only need a 50 yd or even a 25 yd net? I wouldnt wanna ge carrying 75yds if i only needed 20 haha iv always tried using as least as possible haha

• Like 2

Easy enough to sew two nets together but is the baggin the same in both nets ?.

I'll give it ago tomorrow cheers for all the info mate

You will need to cut the two nets as you do need knots for this way to work. If the ends of the nets do not have knots it can be hard work and a hell of a lot easier to cut the net.

TC

I'll give it ago tomorrow cheers for all the info mate

You will need to cut the two nets as you do need knots for this way to work. If the ends of the nets do not have knots it can be hard work and a hell of a lot easier to cut the net.

TC

It hasn't got the knots, so do I just cut the net back a extra mesh so the knots are still on?

Yes, but cut them as in the drawing in the link I put up. The thick line is how they should be cut, and the dotted line is how they are knitted together.

2008_1031longnetting0003.jpg

TC

Just buy a length of 200 yards of sheet netting for your 100 yard net and keep the two smaller nets as they are easier and quicker ? :hmm:

• Like 5