gwp cross

all i can say about them is they can hunt well and seem to have good feet and bags of stamina.both of mine are doing ok on the lamp once they stopped hunting up as much.the older one has found my terrier a few times when i havent known which set of holes its in which is really useful.they can bush like a terrier. on the downside there headstrong as pups and it seems to take them a long time to learn to hunt ground scent.they scent the air like pointers from being young pups.its taken the bitch a long time to realise foxes are fair game,the young dog has to be calmed down when he sees one--he has been a much easier animal to bring up and enter. mine are half-crosses and not very fast ,especially the bitch.

nice looking dog there mate....i know a lad that owns a GWP/greyhound and it is meant to be a very hard animal...kills foxes with ease and has knocked a few bunnies down too.....its good to see a handy dog....i would like to see one put to a fast sal/grey.....that would be some tool for all quarry, day and night <_< good hunting..JD

thanks jd,the bitch is the one i mentioned on smoochers a while back after she broke her neck.my two are out of a gwp bitch to coursing "match"dogs.i think 3/4 breds would be more versatile.the young dog on the bottom picture is much faster than the bitch but at a year old overshoots and turns badly.however hes getting better all the time and i think he might make a fairly good dog.

by the way the fox was bolted using that old looking plummer bitch, it ran into a thick patch of reeds where the lurcher hunted it up and flushed it out into the field.after a quick course it went back into the reeds and just when i thought it was going to escape she made the catch. i was pleased at how shed performed to say the least. oh,and the i suppose the terrier did alright to find the fox in a tight rabbitty earth in the first place.

when she caught the fox she lifted it up above her head.i could see the fox trying to bite her scull before she started ragging it like a terrier would a rat.she was with it about ten seconds before the young dog got there.but he still took a bite on the face. i dont think its put off the dog as he nearly pulled my arm out the socket last night when one appeared in the beam.

I watched a video yesterday it was  unedited from black dog trading showing him workhis pointer x to rabbit & fox looked a handy dog

If that's the same Pointer X bitch that appears in the Lamper 2 (Dusk til Dawn) Video, then it looked quite racy. It doesn't do much on Lamper 2, but is only a pup on there.

I hunt often with a mate with 3 GWP pure bred dogs and I rate them as the best game finders and a true Hunt, point and retrieve dog. Lethal on fox and roe single handed...and can find shot pigs and deer as well as feather.

These are superb dogs in the right hand's but need a firm hand and a lot of work in training, but the results are superb. :)

A true hunting dog and definatly no peg dog <_<

• 2 weeks later...

went out this evening and the bitch bolted another fox from a very tight spot.the fox squeezed out backwards and at first i thought it was the bitch.anyway,it ran along the bank and was nearly away before the young lurcher jumped on it........the fox was underneath him for a few seconds before he took hold. then it was goodnight foxy.....im pleased cause he got bit last time and i didnt know if it would put him off but it looks like hell be ok.....