How Many To Get Started

I found a few people that are still breeding fox hounds in our state and fox numbers are getting were there are good numbers of them and I have been wondering how many hounds would you need to have a good chance of getting one going and get a shot at it I know a lot of you are were Hunting with hounds can't be done but I thought some of you older guys might remember when it could be done a lot of the ways things were done had to do with the way it was always done but over here it just fur hunting so we just need enough to put them up to get a shot

I found a few people that are still breeding fox hounds in our state and fox numbers are getting were there are good numbers of them and I have been wondering how many hounds would you need to have a good chance of getting one going and get a shot at it I know a lot of you are were Hunting with hounds can't be done but I thought some of you older guys might remember when it could be done a lot of the ways things were done had to do with the way it was always done but over here it just fur hunting so we just need enough to put them up to get a shot

i know some packs that have good hunting with 6 hounds and others use 40 odd but it depends on the country you hunt and how much land you have to use ,if you have large blocks of woodland you tend to use more hounds , I have most of my good days with a private pack of between 20 to 30 hounds , and some seasons 6 pups to enter that season some seasons 15 or so , the large blocks of soft wood take some flushing to get a fox out of so use more hounds , hope you have a good season oggy

• Like 1

Well around here it hafe and half between government land set aside for hunting lands that can go for mails and private land were foxs make problems with live stock or land people have for hunting and fox are killing small game and then it can be different amounts of land it mostly step hills and heavy brush I talked to a guy that said he hunting with between 1-6 dogs but his area was flat land with timber and swamp Land

• Like 1

Me too I think that about the best part the dogs I was looking at are breed for speed and staying power some were meant to go for two or three days i am just wondering if maybe 2 or 3 would be enough to have a good chance of getting them were we could get a good shot at one