Sign in to follow this  
Ecotone

Clipped Wings Growth

Hi all. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for Adult Pheasants wings to grow back fully once clipped? (Both wings fully clipped) cheers..

You never clip both wings mate .The idea is to unbalance flight which ,by clipping both you only hinder flight not stop it .The birds first moult at about 20 weeks or there about will grow new flights .

• Like 1

Cheers. Can I also ask at what age can I put poults into the same pen as adult birds? I have the adults in a breeding pen at the moment and was going to put the poults in this pen also if possible when they become strong enough ? Then use this pen as the sole release pen in November .. Advice appreciated.

Cheers. Can I also ask at what age can I put poults into the same pen as adult birds? I have the adults in a breeding pen at the moment and was going to put the poults in this pen also if possible when they become strong enough ? Then use this pen as the sole release pen in November .. Advice appreciated.

100% do not do that. If you've not got another pen for the poults to go in then you better get building another one.