HELP WITH WOODCOCK pin feathers

Only codding mate.

But I've never heard of the beak being involved before, as far as I know the pin feathers are tucked inside the headband of a hat.

That's assuming your hat does indeed have a head band.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

That's where the saying ~ as far as I know ~ comes from alright. A fine stitch or - in this day and age - a spot of 'Super Glue - should sort it though, surely? Never heard about a beak being involved either. Love to learn though. Weird!

Hello like this.

Picture1940.jpg

Picture1941.jpg

Picture1942.jpg.

It's quite easy realy & no glue needed.Pick the pin feathers & keep them in order ie right-side & left-side.Once done cut the beak 25/30mm & from the the birds right hand pin goes into its right sude of the beak & push it in 4-5mm & let it dry.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Bloody Brilliant! Cheers, V Max! :clapper: Never heard of that before (Not that I've had a lot to do with people who'd be likely to shoot 'Cocks)

I wonder what posessed the man who first came up with that idea? Imagine sitting there and thinking; 'I wonder? If I cut the end of the buggers beak off .....' :laugh:

Great stuff, anyway. And now I Have learned something :good:

I'll be out after woodcock tomorrow morning (if it doesn't totally piss down with rain), so we'll see what we'll see. I know they're about, just a case of finding them.

Vmax, good man yourself, you've made sureshot's mind rest easy and the rest of us, as Ditch says, learned something new.