Sign in to follow this  
netrigger

Adding a Selvedged mesh

Hi R

Within reason the lighter the draw cords the better IMO Anything between 1.3mm to 2mm usually works well and is light enough not to cause sag in the lines. I know Mr Wilkes likes 1.3mm, I prefer 1.8mm hollow braid.

TC

I'm new to long netting so do forgive me. I have just purchased a long net with the plan of adding my poles 100% bagging I have gone for 4z 2" mesh. I make my own purse nets so would have no problem doing this but I'm wondering what is the reason of adding this run "selvedged" is it thicker than my 4z so will stop the net wearing out? Again sorry if I'm miles out.

I'm new to long netting so do forgive me. I have just purchased a long net with the plan of adding my poles 100% bagging I have gone for 4z 2" mesh. I make my own purse nets so would have no problem doing this but I'm wondering what is the reason of adding this run "selvedged" is it thicker than my 4z so will stop the net wearing out? Again sorry if I'm miles out.

Selvedges are normally added to hand made nets, to make the nets more durable, amongst other reasons. If you have sheet netting it should have a selvedge already attached.

TC

• Like 1

Selvedges are normally added to hand made nets, to make the nets more durable, amongst other reasons. If you have sheet netting it should have a selvedge already attached.

Cheers for that mate.