• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 threelander

threelander

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:56 pm

intersting stuff there tiercel i,m just on with a 6 yard stop net.will 2mm draw cords be ok or do i need 3mm stuff

#2 Tiercel

Tiercel

Extreme Hunter

• 7,450 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:29 am

Hi R

Within reason the lighter the draw cords the better IMO Anything between 1.3mm to 2mm usually works well and is light enough not to cause sag in the lines. I know Mr Wilkes likes 1.3mm, I prefer 1.8mm hollow braid.

TC

#3 lpkinz

lpkinz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:25 am

I'm new to long netting so do forgive me. I have just purchased a long net with the plan of adding my poles 100% bagging I have gone for 4z 2" mesh. I make my own purse nets so would have no problem doing this but I'm wondering what is the reason of adding this run "selvedged" is it thicker than my 4z so will stop the net wearing out? Again sorry if I'm miles out.

#4 Tiercel

Tiercel

Extreme Hunter

• 7,450 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:00 am

I'm new to long netting so do forgive me. I have just purchased a long net with the plan of adding my poles 100% bagging I have gone for 4z 2" mesh. I make my own purse nets so would have no problem doing this but I'm wondering what is the reason of adding this run "selvedged" is it thicker than my 4z so will stop the net wearing out? Again sorry if I'm miles out.

Selvedges are normally added to hand made nets, to make the nets more durable, amongst other reasons. If you have sheet netting it should have a selvedge already attached.

TC

#5 lpkinz

lpkinz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:00 pm

[quote name="tiercel" post="3537376" timestamp="1391760008"][quote name="lpkinz" post="3537295" timestamp="1391732720"]
[/quote]
Selvedges are normally added to hand made nets, to make the nets more durable, amongst other reasons. If you have sheet netting it should have a selvedge already attached.

Cheers for that mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users