How Young Can I Start Training?

Been a while since I put anything up about Jess. Shes 8 months old now.I found I had been doing a bit too much with her and she ended up just doing what she wanted so I went back to basics with her. Today is the first time I've had her outside of the garden in a month and I could see the difference in her. She was steadier and listened to me more. She was eager to please. Here's a few videos I made today.Beginning to hunt nicely.

springer163, on 24 Sept 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

dont claim to be an expert but whats with all the talking when the dog is "hunting" there wont be a bird left for her to flush if u keep that chat up.nice dog though

actually there is nothing wrong with a bit of encouragement, sometimes you can teach a dog to work around you and when in cover how does he know where you are. As an ex huntsman when you draw a cover you make noise it does several things, it lets the dog know where you are, it will make him work around you in the case of changing direction, if you don't say a word he could come out to you to see where you are, so sending him on is ok, your voice will keep him working to let him know your there, a hunting horn is an extension of the huntsmans voice. also if your flushing to guns, any noise will alarm the quarry and help.