"follow This Topic" For Own Quoted Posts Option

Saw an option on a new site today. I could go into my settings there and I could select to be notified if anyone were to quote one of my posts in a thread.

I thought that was a really handy option, for example go into the Gazza thread, I had no interest in the topic per se but the option to be notified had anyone quoted my post in that thread would have been a lot more valuable than just globally following the thread and sorting through many, many multi quote posts.

Maybe we have it here already, if we don't, we should.

Guest thebigdog

its on another forum im on (non hunting) and notifications when one of your posts are liked, which is run by the same company that created the software for this site, so it can be done on here. but to be honest, its a pain in the f***ing hole. never ending notices. :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest thebigdog

its on another forum im on (non hunting) and notifications when one of your posts are liked, which is run by the same company that created the software for this site, so it can be done on here. but to be honest, its a pain in the f***ing hole. never ending notices. :thumbs:

you can also alert other people to a post, which is handy. if i wanted you to see a thread or post, i would just type your username with an @ in front of it, and you would be notified.

@JohnGalway

That's why it should be optional, not global. Taking the Gazza thread again, had anyone quoted me in that yesterday, would I go trawling through all of them pages to find it, would I hell. But, if I was interested in comments made quoting my post then it would be quick and easy to find.

I turned off the "like post" alert on the other forum, also the alerts for when a new post was added to a thread I contributed to, I found that cut down the alerts by 90%.

That's why it should be optional, not global. Taking the Gazza thread again, had anyone quoted me in that yesterday, would I go trawling through all of them pages to find it, would I hell. But, if I was interested in comments made quoting my post then it would be quick and easy to find.

I turned off the "like post" alert on the other forum, also the alerts for when a new post was added to a thread I contributed to, I found that cut down the alerts by 90%.

Top right of forum

My Settings > Notification Options

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...