Pink foots coming in

seen none around here yet, wyre morcambe bay cockerham pilling area

It's done my head in all day so I've just come of the phone to some one at the wildfowl trust. And I quote. Early but been known they have come down the east coast or are a. Native flock still left me puzzled. , am back over there the week end am going down the foreshore armed with a camera

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol just found this pic ...get pluckin weeman

Big skein of pinks coming in down over the north Wales coast tonite. . My favourite time of the year Heading to the dee and Lancashire. By the looks of it

I still find it very very hard to believe that there are migrateing pinks that far south at this time of year but who am I to quetion someone with 40 years experiance ....you have 10 years on me as iv

Posted Images

post-23537-0-42917700-1346258151_thumb.jpg

taken from my garden +/- 60000 comeing off the fields at dusk

post-23537-0-00454900-1346258228_thumb.jpg

taken at the back of my house last year ....I have spoken to some very knowledgable fowlers today and none have heard of migrateing pinks this far north never mind that far south in August ....canadas may be beneath you but I will test my wits against them this weekend

Edited by MOO
  • Like 1

I still find it very very hard to believe that there are migrateing pinks that far south at this time of year but who am I to quetion someone with 40 years experiance ....you have 10 years on me as ive been out in the mud since I was very young and like I have already said 1/3 of the world pinkfoot population roost 2 mins from my house as for shooting them on stubbles in august ...that says it all

. Moo I don't shoot out of season I should have put photographed. We get 20,000 around here every year south lancs. I was amazed to see them there's a. Rspb site just down from we're I seen the flight in They were pinks and not elephants

post-23537-0-42917700-1346258151_thumb.jpg

taken from my garden +/- 60000 comeing off the fields at dusk

post-23537-0-00454900-1346258228_thumb.jpg

taken at the back of my house last year ....I have spoken to some very knowledgable fowlers today and none have heard of migrateing pinks this far north never mind that far south in August ....canadas may be beneath you but I will test my wits against them this weekend

. Not beneath me bud just all tame round here. Coming off Martin mere. Better shooting rugby balls

There very early. Its a sign of a bad breeding year. When adult birds don't have to wait for there young to get wings they'll head on themselves for abundant food. Not that you really have to worry about numbers over there! I've only ever seen 3 pinks in my life and I hadn't the gun loaded, all 3 died shortly after! All greys and canadas over here.

Moo do you sell shooting? If you see any big flocks tell them to head south west about 200 mile.

All the best for the 1st. Mark :thumbs:

Been all go this past 3 weeks. Have the new boat finished and about 50 decoys painted so im in right shape now. Must get a few photos of the spread on the garage floor at the minute and post them up. Still have a few lag decoys to finish and a few more canadas. Few more weights to make and re-string everything and head for cartridges. When i think about it theres plenty to do. Better get back out!

Atb Mark