Tiree - 2011 Male Goshawk

AlBrown

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought I would introduce Tiree my hunting partner, he was bred last year by Andy Stratford. I collected him late on in the season and he was as good as they come. Took 3 weeks to get him flyin

look forward to seeing him in his new suit september

Some more good pics there mate , I've never flown a gos yet but it's on my list

From a very interesting days hawking on steep chalk downs great hawking here as you can get 60 to 80 yards behind the warrens and some amazing long slips and chases.

DSC00163.jpg

Different bird (Maya female Harris) but you get the idea of the land. There's about 6 miles of hillside like this on one of the farms a bit hairy running down it..

16022012d.jpg

A wee video on a cracking day out, ended up knackered after it. This was the easiest of runs for the fat lad (me)

looking through a few more.

Sodding poser! :thumbs:

SDC10694.jpg

His first game bird

387210_10150357801018445_758123444_8556556_174642493_n.jpg

with his hunting partner or his partner in crime.

DSC00124-1.jpg

day after collection, a pity he had a bit of a skin head, which is finally got a few feathers on it.

IMG_6955.jpg

ATB

Alex

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sodding poser! :thumbs:

SDC10694.jpg

His first game bird

387210_10150357801018445_758123444_8556556_174642493_n.jpg

with his hunting partner or his partner in crime.

DSC00124-1.jpg

day after collection, a pity he had a bit of a skin head, which is finally got a few feathers on it.

IMG_6955.jpg

ATB

Alex

alex hes got great manners on the kill hes a credit to you

• Like 1

Took a couple of quick pics today of the wee fella, his moult going nicely and should be done nicely in time to be tackling corvids in September to fit'en him up for a run at gamebirds from October onwards. I started him off on a moulting powder earlier in the spring and it seemed to be working well but stopped it when the temperatures nose-dived. Now on wood pigeon 4 times a week, quail 2 times a week and a bit of rabbit a day a week.

IMG_8209.jpg

IMG_8210.jpg

left a set of jess's on him as he will happily come to the fist for food but only do it a couple of ties a week when I go in to clear away bones and any old food left about.

Alex

No it was was called moult stimulant from Dac-pharma, It worked very well at the start of the moult but I stopped using it when the weather changed for the worse and his moult stopped dead and nowt dropped for a fair while. a mate who also bought it reckoned his male gos moulted better and quicker using a mixed diet and clover honey. I wanted a quick moult to try some late summer corvid hawking, in hindsight I don't think it was really worth it and wouldn't use it again. As soon as he settled down with a good mixed diet his feathers were flying out.

Alex

Alex, theres a guy looking for you on the IFF. Heres a copy of his post, think his names Tomaz.

Hello Alex

I contact you by email few times but I didnt get any respond.

I nead to know if everything is going on plan and how is my goshawk progressing.

I nead to arange delivery so I nead to know if somewere between 25.7 and 5.8 would be o.k.

Cheers