Nice one Rob. Make the most of it :thumbs:

As said earlier, anyone wanting to get into the gamekeeping field needs to attend shoot days, the clays, chat to people, get to know who's who then get in on the shoot either beating or helping the keeper out in some way. I went to the clays as a fresh faced 15 year old, got to know the gamekeeper and his wife and 6 years later they've just given me a great reference for an underkeeper job :boogy: never went to college just a bit of graft, quick thinking and a polite manner got me where i am!

cheers mate,

i intend to make themost of it and get everything out of this time at time college i can. the lecturer advised me to try and get some work helping out a keeper between now and the start of the college year, so im now on the work experience hunt.

rob

You have a PM.

You will also struggle like hell in Essex chap, unless some thing has changed in the last fifteen years since I was there, Just could not find an estate round there that could afford to take on a new lad at the time!

Sparsholt is great!

if you want to shine like a new penny on a shit heap just remember this, There are no invisable shotguns!!!, be polite, quiet and dont feck about, GET YOUR WORK IN EARLY!

Cheers

Pete

You have a PM.

You will also struggle like hell in Essex chap, unless some thing has changed in the last fifteen years since I was there, Just could not find an estate round there that could afford to take on a new lad at the time!

Sparsholt is great!

if you want to shine like a new penny on a shit heap just remember this, There are no invisable shotguns!!!, be polite, quiet and dont feck about, GET YOUR WORK IN EARLY!

Cheers

Pete

Take great note of what hyperion says.....

Well good luck buddy!! I take back what I said earlier. I'll be in my second year there in September so i will see you about.

It'll be worth it and don't sweet about the age thing, im 26 and married and feel like a old man sometimes with the younger lads, lol. But they are a great bunch and remember this you are there with like minded people and all have one thing in common, you will learn just as much of the other lads and lasses on the course as well as the course itself.

Keep your head down and work hard but most of all enjoy it.

Well done mate

You have a PM.

Sparsholt is great!

Cheers

Pete

Take great note of what hyperion says.....

Well good luck buddy!! I take back what I said earlier. I'll be in my second year there in September so i will see you about.

It'll be worth it and don't sweet about the age thing, im 26 and married and feel like a old man sometimes with the younger lads, lol. But they are a great bunch and remember this you are there with like minded people and all have one thing in common, you will learn just as much of the other lads and lasses on the course as well as the course itself.

Keep your head down and work hard but most of all enjoy it.

Well done mate

Which course are you on Roo?