Hill fires / heather burning.

Anybody geting trouble with people setting hill fires. Just been out to put one out, burned about 7miles by 6miles mabe more. Burned into one forrestry block and total destroyed another. These f*ckers dont realise the f*cking damage they cause. Regards highlander.

I burnt the horses field a few years back, it can easily get away from you if you dont keep on top of it and if the wind changes direction suddenly. I was black and couldnt speak for a few days my throat was hoarse with all the smoke :clapper:

Setting fires just for the sake of it though, tis a dangerous pastime :o

Yeah well who ever set this one today did a fare bit of damage burned about 10 hectares of forrestry commision wood had to get a hellicopter to put it out, and another wood on my perrmision burned as well. It is about 6 miles accross and 7 miles longer mabe more.

Guest ragumup

I was out yesterday doing fox dens for grouse keepers and even they are haveing problems with the hill being so dry its like a tinderbox just now :icon_eek:

Edited by ragumup
some estates on deeside have had fires starting back up 3 days after they finished burning :icon_eek::cry:

Yeah the peat will be that dry that it will smolder under neath and you wont know till it takes off again. I think this fire with us is out now that was going since saturday still burning last night could smell the smoke when I was out last night at the foxes.

BettyHilll :icon_eek::cry: Borrowed a tranny van a few years back for a january jaunt...the lad thought i was joking when i said john o groats and back :laugh: Thank goodness for the AA :laugh: we came back down through BettyHills, remember being in awe as we approached after the deluge of conifers. As we were driving through Glen Coe a jet came over us low and the dogs tried to jump into the front :blink::laugh: ...undoubtably the most fantastic journey and most beautiful places i've visited.