Any local forres or nairn wildfowlers on here??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not local mate, but I spend all my free time up in that area, my missus comes from up there and we have a house right on the beach!

Some good shooting to be had all round that coast.....where you from in Aberdeenshire? My bro in law stays in Inverurie....

Nice fush!

im from Newburgh chief bout 20-mins fae inverurie right on the coast. Findhorns my second estuary im up there as much as possible. just looking for somebody local for updates on bird numbers and conditions etc...its a good hour and a half fae mine so would be fine to get a set of eyes up there to speak to before any trips i make. You do a lot of fowling when your up there?

Alright? Aye do a lot of fowling here, either here or the forth. Was out near mcdermotts this morning, only saw 2. This weather is too mild, i'm going to phone a mate in nairn later and see whats happening there. I'm here till tues, will keep you updated, i'm on my phone, so excuse any typos!!! Cheers!

Just back at work today bud. I was out Friday, Saturday and Monday mornings, and Monday night on the rising tide. Nothing! Not a goose to be seen, lots of wigeon and mallard, but well out. Did not let off a single shot in 4 outings! Enjoyed the sunrises and being out, that was it! Also, drove from Inverness across to Aberdeen on saturday for a birthday and never saw a goose all the way across, nothing! We need some serious weather to sort it out.

Not too much cheery news for you I'm afraid!!

I'm back up there in 3 or 4 weeks for 2 weeks, hopefully the weather will have sorted itself out by then!!

Alright Chris?

there must be a club or two near ye, or a few friendly boys taht would tak ye oot?

Donte pay a guide, unless they are a weel kent face, loads of shysters oot there!!!

Nae gees on yer farms??

Wullz

Arite lads your right we need some hard weather. was out for a morning flight and seen a couple hundred geese flighting over but nothing on the estuary...need to get all the flight ponds and lochs nearby frozen up that always brings them to the shore. due some big winds this weekend by what am hearing so atleast it will feel like wildfowling weather whether the birds play the game is debateable lol..Chris if your anywhere near newburgh you get a shot off the estuary but most of the decoying in Aberdeenshire is fooked with all the guides on it.

Will be up staying a week in Finhorn end of Jan time, My mates family hav e a house there we use so hopefully get a bit a couple of birds then. we are going do a bit more exploring round the cromarty and dornoch etc this time though.

I have had a couple of trips out of Peterhead recently, stubble fields inland. Plenty of geese about but real timid, it is just too warm and they are getting plenty food, so not keen to come into deeks.

We had just 4 for a good few thousand turning to the deeks and then veering off, and this appears to be the story for the whole NE corner, birds just not coming to the deeks. It needs to be colder and far windier for good sport.

The duck splashes would appear to be better, with good numbers on all the ones i work.