flight pond feed

Just wondering what food people are putting in their flight ponds & what number of ducks their getting , ive tried the usuall barley & oats in a couple of ponds & i am trying mellons & rotten fruit in 2 other ponds ,shooting the first pond this saturday whats filled with the rotten fruit, watched around 30+ ducks droppping in through the week .What are you using ?

were just feeding the normal feed wheat and barley shot a pond last night and picked a mixed bag of 57 tealand mallard .i have another pond im shooting Saturday moRning which is fed on barley which is holding around 100 to 130 mixed ducks.

Shot a pond last saturday what was fed on barley & oats ,shot 10 mallard about 60 + ducks came in i dont shoot big numbers

i try and go for the ducks what are a challanging shot ,Years ago i shot 88 mallard on a pond then thought afterwards what am i going to do with theese ducks ? The freezer is full already . The teal have just started showing at a few ponds , i put a couple of ton of sugar beet what the frost got to last year in one of the ponds the teal seem to like that,

Shot a pond last saturday what was fed on barley & oats ,shot 10 mallard about 60 + ducks came in i dont shoot big numbers

i try and go for the ducks what are a challanging shot ,Years ago i shot 88 mallard on a pond then thought afterwards what am i going to do with theese ducks ? The freezer is full already . The teal have just started showing at a few ponds , i put a couple of ton of sugar beet what the frost got to last year in one of the ponds the teal seem to like that,

sorry perhaps i should of made myself clearer , i did not shoot that amount to my own gun i invite friends ,also the land owner will come and bring a guest .none of the ducks are wasted they are shared around friends ,family and local people nothing is wasted .

ive got 7 flight ponds on the go, the biggest is about 1.5 acre & the others are roughly from 30ft onwards, all the ponds are at the side of rivers (tidel) + the cow fields flood [bANNED TEXT] the rivers burst their banks, ive dug a pond about 1 acre but as yet river asnot come over .

• Like 1

How many acres are the ponds you flight on fellas? just curious :hmm:

i have a vast amount of water to shoot over that consits of ponds , rivers , lakes , fen drains , reservorirs , also stubble fields potao fields if the ducks or geese use them , i am fortunate to live in a great area for wildfowl , i dont shoot all this on my own , i have friends who i ask plus land owners come along ..

then in return my friends invite me to shoot on there permission , i also costal wildfowl the foreshore and marshes , i travel the country costal wildfowling, i am in a few costal wildfowling clubs around the country ....

i also go to sweeden at least once a season if it can be aranged with my friend who now lives out there ...

i have a vast amount of water to shoot over that consits of ponds , rivers , lakes , fen drains , reservorirs , also stubble fields potao fields if the ducks or geese use them , i am fortunate to live in a great area for wildfowl , i dont shoot all this on my own , i have friends who i ask plus land owners come along ..

then in return my friends invite me to shoot on there permission , i also costal wildfowl the foreshore and marshes , i travel the country costal wildfowling, i am in a few costal wildfowling clubs around the country ....

i also go to sweeden at least once a season if it can be aranged with my friend who now lives out there ...

Spoilt for choise Wag lol.

I have a lake at the back of my house lol!!! Anyway,what do you do with the feed?Im guessing you dont scatter it in the water,just around the edge?Also,i heard some {pub} talk of feed that gives the ducks a scent ,so when they fly off to other lakes the other ducks follow them back too your feeding place? sounds too good to be true lol

I have a lake at the back of my house lol!!! Anyway,what do you do with the feed?Im guessing you dont scatter it in the water,just around the edge?Also,i heard some {pub} talk of feed that gives the ducks a scent ,so when they fly off to other lakes the other ducks follow them back too your feeding place? sounds too good to be true lol

It does work cueball,we mix barley with mallases and let it set for a couple of weeks in an inclosed barrel then put it on the pond,after a couple of days the pond is alive with ducks.

Guest dee mac

yea i ve heard the mollasses is the job as it sticks too there beaks and then the other ducks get a wiff and follow there sweet tasting friend too the sweet shop lol also talking too few lads last week on a shoot i was beating on that are using aniseed in there pheasant hoppers there drawing there own plus neighbours pheasants too them in droves they swear by it too hold birds ;)

It does work cueball,we mix barley with mallases and let it set for a couple of weeks in an inclosed barrel then put it on the pond,after a couple of days the pond is alive with ducks.

yea i ve heard the mollasses is the job as it sticks too there beaks and then the other ducks get a wiff and follow there sweet tasting friend too the sweet shop lol also talking too few lads last week on a shoot i was beating on that are using aniseed in there pheasant hoppers there drawing there own plus neighbours pheasants too them in droves they swear by it too hold birds ;)

I'll try this out lads,thanks ill get back to ye :thumbs: