Diary of a hunter

He supposedly had an "open challenge " for anyone to run on the lamp etc against his dogs..Vic minshaw contacted him through shooting news to arrange a match with the proceeds going to a miners charity...He never replied....

The man is a complete fantasiast with His book Merle : start of a dynasty being a prime example..a half Collie Greyhound being a complete waste of time on anything edible and resorting to ficticous tales of jaw to jaw fox killings to make an excuse for its existance...The dog then became the cornerstone of his and hancocks breeding lines...

He supposedly had an "open challenge " for anyone to run on the lamp etc against his dogs..Vic minshaw contacted him through shooting news to arrange a match with the proceeds going to a miners charity...He never replied....

The man is a complete fantasiast with His book Merle : start of a dynasty being a prime example..a half Collie Greyhound being a complete waste of time on anything edible and resorting to ficticous tales of jaw to jaw fox killings to make an excuse for its existance...The dog then became the cornerstone of his and hancocks breeding lines...

erm.....i dont think that dog ever took a fox..... :whistle:

i have all his books (bar, perhaps, the latest)......I can remember many years ago staying over at my grandmothers, my uncle had borrowed "The complete lurcher" from someone and i feverishly read through the "deer" section for tales of daring and huge beasts taken....even as a ten year old i was disappointed.... :unsure: but, at the end of the day, nobody will sell as many hunting books as that chap did.... :icon_eek: