16 replies to this topic

#1 Double four

Double four

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:29 pm

Hi all iv been given a 1930s glevum wooden cabinet parrafin incubator, and would like to give it a go with some goose eggs has anybody got any experience of them and any tips ( apart from using a modern one) ! thanks in advance DF

#2 logan gray

logan gray

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:41 am

oryt mate there isnt any chance you wont to sell it is there.

#3 runsatnite

runsatnite

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:12 pm

the best thing to do is to convert it to electric by putting a dull emmiter bulb in the chimmny instead of the wick and then set it to run controling it the same way as if on parafin they are great incubators
  • burnie69 and liam fox digger like this

#4 minzy

minzy

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 02:08 pm

Hi all iv been given a 1930s glevum wooden cabinet parrafin incubator, and would like to give it a go with some goose eggs has anybody got any experience of them and any tips ( apart from using a modern one) ! thanks in advance DF

hi i have the instructions book for the glevum incubators by horace w. stephens glevum works LLanthony gloucester can do you acopy if you like? :thumbs:
  • Kerry Ross likes this

#5 Double four

Double four

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:11 am

Thanks for the responce lads :thumbs: only just seen them not been on the gaamekeeeping section for a while.
sorry the glevum superior is not for sale mate

Minzy i would appreciate a copy if poss, cheers mate DF

#6 bowderdale

bowderdale

Born Hunter

• Donator
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:33 pm

Thanks for the responce lads http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... only just seen them not been on the gaamekeeeping section for a while.
sorry the glevum superior is not for sale mate

Minzy i would appreciate a copy if poss, cheers mate DF

I have a friend that is selling a glevum economy and supierior incubators if anyones intrested pm and i'll pass his number on.

#7 irishlad1111

irishlad1111

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 03:30 pm

hello can anyone tell me can you use clear parrafin or does it have to be coloured? as clear would be to smokey to use i have got a glevum incubator left to me from a old mate that has passed away and would like to carry on from where he left

#8 njsullivan

njsullivan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:16 am

hi there I'm Nicky

i have come across this post while searching for an instruction manual for an old glevum incubator. I am really excited, as i have been given one by an old farmer, and would love to to restore her to her former glory using paraffin, not converting her. Any help would be gratefully received!!

#9 fearghalsteeth

fearghalsteeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:29 pm

Hi I found Glevum incubator in my garage it looks an old thing 1930's ?? would love to know how it works, I read post from Minzy saying he had a copy of instructions any chance of a copy ?

Edited by fearghalsteeth, 11 August 2012 - 04:30 pm.

• Fergal Kilcullen likes this

#10 pmtoner

pmtoner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:26 pm

Is anybody willing to give me a copy of the glenvum Economy incubator manual? I have the incubator but have no idea how to set it up. Many thanks in anticipation.

#11 Dawn Jeffrey

Dawn Jeffrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:24 pm

I also own a glevum incubator and would be most grateful if someone could send me a copy of a manual so I can see how to use it! Thanks

#12 Dawn Jeffrey

Dawn Jeffrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:25 pm

hi i have the instructions book for the glevum incubators by horace w. stephens glevum works LLanthony gloucester can do you acopy if you like? :thumbs:

Anychance I could have a copy too? Thanks

#13 sussex

sussex

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:15 am

They are a sort after commodity, I had three ,2 I converted to electric 1 I kept on paraffin when I moved I had to get rid of them , I advertised in the local rag and the phone never stopped .Cant think now how much I got for them , must have been to cheap ...

#14 Lasutherland

Lasutherland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:57 pm

Hi, I am in East Lothian and I have 2 Glevum superior incubators, 

any ideas on how much they are worth?

#15 Kerry Ross

Kerry Ross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:09 pm

hi i have the instructions book for the

do you still have the instrucions for the glevum incubators by horace w. stephens, just bought one and desperately searching for the instruction manual for it , would really appreciate a copy ,many thanks

can do you acopy if you like? :thumbs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users