23 replies to this topic

#16 maxhardcore

maxhardcore

Unofficial THL SAFC Spokesperson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,828 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:19 pm

Knew a lad that used him over a good lurcher and was real disapointed.
the pups made nothing specail.
Real fast dog when winning the waterloo didnt get any long runs and was lucky in that way as he wasnt the best "coursing "dog at that time.

he was track bred but would n't have it, saw him run twice before the Waterloo one a course and then withdrawn, and once as a bye dog leading Son Of Gus(only dog to ever do that but STM was fresh SOG had previously run a course) he was impressive at Altcar winning as a puppy(several others have repeated this ) but produced nothing of note greyhound wise
Y.I.S Leeview

correct me if im wrong here leeview mate but didnt sam pull 4 out of his 6 hares to win the waterloo, great pace , exellent mouth and some of the best track blood in his veins ie sarahs bunny his grandmother english derby winner, fearless action his father derby final , i think?, ron hardy , his grandfather english derby winner with his littermate masterhardy second in the same final. if anyone has a copy of the 1990 waterloo id dearly love a copy as i lent mine out and didnt get it back.

yes he did Maxhardcore used his pace on the field to good effect. didn't Teds Move(another track bred star) repeat that fete when he won the Waterloo Cup and killed a burglar to boot on the way out Lydiate 2nd day. will you be about this Saturday?
Y.I.S Leeview

SORRY MATE GOING TO RIGA FOR A STAG WEEKEND, WILL BE THERE THE FOLLOWING WEEK Y.I.S.

#17 maxhardcore

maxhardcore

Unofficial THL SAFC Spokesperson

• Members
  • 13,828 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:30 pm

I also seen Sam the man run at the W C , but as big bald beautiful says he was very lucky with the runs he got he did have a lot of speed and a good mouth but Rosser Rock was better IMO, had harder runs and had just as good a mouth, think he killed the last hare to lose. think his sister also ran at the same W C if I remember right she was good to.

LUCK MIGHT GET YOU THROUGH A ROUND OR TWO BUT LUCK ALONE WONT WIN YOU THE WATERLOO CUP, SAM HAD TERRIFFIC PACE AND A MOUTH SECOND TO NONE, IN I THINK HIS SECOND COURSE HE FLEW THE DITCH AT THE WITHINS TO PULL HIS HARE SHOWING PACE GUTS AND MOUTH, GREAT DOG OVER THE 3 DAYS AND SECOND TO NONE TRACK BLOOD COURSING THROUGH HIS VEINS.

#18 Guest_Leeview_*

Guest_Leeview_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:19 pm

dont recall Rossa Rocks sister in the cup and no mention of any of that litter other than RR on greyhound data he was owned and trained by Snowy Crowson( Glatton General IMO unluckiest dog never to win the cup and was beaten in the 2003 final when his dog Goodbye Joe was led by Heneritta)RR was heavily strapped up going to slips for that final and was well down on handicap but coursing is a funny old game but the final went with form

MHC I bet its not your stag do :11: :11:
Y.I.S Leeview

#19 Big bald beautiful

Big bald beautiful

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:28 pm

You dont mean React Robert?
Bitch registered under a dogs name

1995 winner

#20 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:22 pm

Posted Image

her is a pic of sam the mans g/daughter

her is a pic of sam the mans g/daughterPosted Image

#21 samba

samba

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:26 pm

GREAT LOOKING BITCH MATE :clapper:
HOW TALL DID SHE MAKE ANY PICS OF SIRE ;)

#22 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 09:48 pm

she only made 21 put pic up of sire and dam later :rolleyes:

#23 Guest_Leeview_*

Guest_Leeview_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2006 - 12:17 am

You dont mean React Robert?
Bitch registered under a dogs name

1995 winner

React Robert was indeed a bitch confusion by a vet earmarking the litter but had to remain, owned and trained by Tommy Ryan a very unassuming man thats never far away from Michael O'Donovan. Who won the Waterloo Cup 1995

#24 im slippy

im slippy

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 01:04 pm

this is daughter of sam the man and dam of beddy cross in earlier postPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users