Sign in to follow this  
mjr88

Is this a crow or a rook ?

Hi all

I went out early last night for a couple of hours with my lanber 12g and managed to get a couple of woodies and what looks like a crow .

As i've mainly shot ground game over the years with rifles , i am quite new to bird shooting and was therefore wondering if this is a young crow or a rook .

Sorry about the picture quality but i had to use my mobile ,

John :unsure:

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

Hi all

I went out early last night for a couple of hours with my lanber 12g and managed to get a couple of woodies and what looks like a crow .

As i've mainly shot ground game over the years with rifles , i am quite new to bird shooting and was therefore wondering if this is a young crow or a rook .

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

:blink: it's a 'black bird' lol

Guest rodsmith
Hi all

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

nah,aint got the fat rubbery lips or greasey doormat looking hair for one of them mate.lol

young carrion crow mate.

i came accross 2 of them that couldnt fly when walking the other day, needless to say a ran them down and ringed there necks! much easier to do that than try to catch up with them when they can fly!

Thanks for your replies .

I had a feeling that it was a young crow , but i wasn't sure ,

John :hmm:

Guest rodsmith

its a crow.look at the beak.we shoot 100's of young rooks each season,not hard to get over 100 branchers in an evening.

Hi all

Photo-0051.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

nah,aint got the fat rubbery lips or greasey doormat looking hair for one of them mate.lol

:clapper::D tut tut

You shot a carrion crow. This is a juvenile rook it has a black beak but look at its legs. ;) atb bedrock

You know its a crow if it goes "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK" (in a crow-style) when you shoot it!