bullet swaging

Guest rabbiter

Guest rabbiter

beagles0032nt.jpg

my set up showing reloading press and my swaging pressbeagles0058cv.jpg

far left ,a nomal spent .22 case ,next swaged off rim and heat to aneil case ,then use a core maker and scap leadto form core ,next core swaged to all same weight and denisity,then seated via die into case ,and last using point forming die to make point .These bullets are real great on small game and animals up to goat size and as these are very soft ,they can't be driven faster that 3200 but they do alot of damage.

Edited by rabbiter

Looks neat Rabbiter, what do you shoot them in? I think of the thousands I've just left on the ground thru the years, what calibers will they form into? Never done any bullet making, but how do these stack up against regular jacket material and is jacket material expensive?

Guest rabbiter

We have two types of case forming dies .22 that will make bullets for all the .22 calibers...we use ours in .223 ,but these would fit .222 and .222-250 as well ,we also have a set of dies that will form .243,but remember that these can't be driven faster than 3200 or they just burn up and will never reach the target.We win in several ways ,low powder charge...so we get alot of loaded bullets for our lb of powder ,mild on the barrel so wear is very low ..so we get more rounds per barrel ,...and the bullets which can cost up to .65 cent each over here...are free ...all good .Theses bullets are soft so you will never get a lift off the ground and so very safe,group very very well and hit like they are traveling at 4000fps and as I said ...man they make a real mess :good: The Jacket material would have to be imported so would cost ,and why should we bother as we can make great bullets for alittle of our time on a wet afternoon.

Edited by rabbiter
  • 1 year later...