help buying a pup

im looking to buy a jack russel pup, im new to buying dogs rather than home bred collies on the farm. theres some advertised locally and the woman answering the phone was polish, living in a rough area of nottingham and wants £50 deposit. could this be a scam or should i give them benifit of the doubt. what would you advise, thanks, ps im after a smooth coated, colour not too fussy but prefer tan and white.

Guest bullterrier

a lot of people ask for deposits to stop time wasters but if your not happy with the arrangement find a pup that's ready to leave the the bitch soon good luck with your search you could put an add up in the wanted section you might get lucky and find one near you but distance shouldn't come into it when buying a pup mate.. :thumbs: ..john

dont buy owt off a pole......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would keep looking in the countrymans weekly and the likes least ur dealing with like minded people instead of some granny grot bag towny thats just breeds them to put in the front garden to bark at every c**t tha walks past.

If someone wants £50 deposit I'd be wary. I have never accepted a deposit on a pup just in case something happened to it before the pup was ready to go! Sods law and all that!

Also, if your'e after a pup with a decent temperament and working ability I'd be very cautious about buying one from non working parents: much better to wait until someone reputable on here has a litter where you can see pics of the parents, even working maybe.

Edited by skycat