NAE BOTHER TO ME BUDDY. IF PEOPLE WANT ME TO STOP POSTING PICTURES OF THERE DOGS FROM THE SHOWS I WILL STOP BUT I THINK THAT MOST FOLK LOOK FORWARD TO ME TAKING THE TIME TO PUT THEM ON, DELBOY.

P.S. A BIG THANKS TO JOCK FOR A GOOD DAY OUT.

Edited by k9delboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 dog out of all those looked like it had seen anything more then a show lead

there some nice looking dogs there, ((( but on this site there is a lot of negative posts they just cannot see the positive,

dont pay any attention to the knockers. this show has a fair support of proper terrier lads and it brought a lot of the older lads out of the woodwork. some of them have forgot more than the younger lads will ever know. nice to see jock.back where he should be. :clapper::clapper: plenty of nice show dogs there also. but there would be as it is a show :blink: good to see some of the lads. :clapper:

NAE BOTHER TO ME BUDDY. IF PEOPLE WANT ME TO STOP POSTING PICTURES OF THERE DOGS FROM THE SHOWS I WILL STOP BUT I THINK THAT MOST FOLK LOOK FORWARD TO ME TAKING THE TIME TO PUT THEM ON, DELBOY.

its good to see the stamp of dogs at the shows delboy :clapper: some crackin pics mate. like the plummer pup :clapper:

some lovely looking terriers there.. :clapper:

im not trying to upset anybody here but it seems to be the same people same dogs same faces thats winning these shows

i pesonally have spoken to these guys who keep winning the shows and they will tell you straight up that there dogs DONT WORK..

all in all why are they published as WORKING TERRIER SHOWS.. there never seems to be any working terriers get a look in..

can anybody put me straight on my opinion !!!!!

im not trying to get an argument going its just my say.

yis chancer ;)

Keep on takin the snaps k9delboy great pics nice seein all the dogs. keep them comin mate i look forward to them as some of us cant make the shows :victory:

Chancer, don't want to upset the apple cart as i have been placed with my dogs at every show i have been too this year and i'm sure that anyone on here that knows me will vouch as to my terriers doing what they were bred for. I have been terrierman for my local pack for over twenty years and my dogs have served me well during this time. I believe that there are quite a few that don't work or don't have the oppurtunity to work their dogs. During the winter i use mine with ferrets on rabbits along with my pals dogs and i class their dogs as working dogs. To me a working dog is a dog that does what every individual asks of it, be it rat, rabbit or fox.I enjoy going to the shows as it gives me a chance to meet lads that i haven't seen for a while. A few on here seem to think that the dogs should show sign of work but i disagree with this as they are supposed to bay only according to current legislation. I own a four year old that has seen more than most and doesn't have a scratch. Someone at a recent show said that she was a crackin lookin bitch and it was a pity that she didn't work. If only they knew the half of it. People often say that they don't care what their dog looks like so long as it works but i think that most would like to own a looker that works. My opinion only, Del.

P.S. I have also met a lot of my friends over the years from these shows.

Chancer, don't want to upset the apple cart as i have been placed with my dogs at every show i have been too this year and i'm sure that anyone on here that knows me will vouch as to my terriers doing what they were bred for. I have been terrierman for my local pack for over twenty years and my dogs have served me well during this time. I believe that there are quite a few that don't work or don't have the oppurtunity to work their dogs. During the winter i use mine with ferrets on rabbits along with my pals dogs and i class their dogs as working dogs. To me a working dog is a dog that does what every individual asks of it, be it rat, rabbit or fox.I enjoy going to the shows as it gives me a chance to meet lads that i haven't seen for a while. A few on here seem to think that the dogs should show sign of work but i disagree with this as they are supposed to bay only according to current legislation. I own a four year old that has seen more than most and doesn't have a scratch. Someone at a recent show said that she was a crackin lookin bitch and it was a pity that she didn't work. If only they knew the half of it. People often say that they don't care what their dog looks like so long as it works but i think that most would like to own a looker that works. My opinion only, Del.

Good post Del, too many folk making conclusions from a few (excellent) pictures. As someone said previously, why do some folk only put up negative posts? We're all supposed to be of the same mind. Supporting a working show is supporting your sport. Neilston is one area where the MAJORITY of terriers at the show(s) will have seen earth work. Great day, great craic. See most of you next week.

Stevie

Good post Del, too many folk making conclusions from a few (excellent) pictures. As someone said previously, why do some folk only put up negative posts? We're all supposed to be of the same mind. Supporting a working show is supporting your sport. Neilston is one area where the MAJORITY of terriers at the show(s) will have seen earth work. Great day, great craic. See most of you next week.

Stevie

correct me if am wrong is a working show not judged on working dogs.???????

thats the reason i only attend a chosen few WORKING shows

yis chancer

post-19091-1241304019.jpgChancer, can you explain to us your explanation of a true working dog. Must it be a big broad headed muscular power house that is marked up because if it is then i must be breeding incorrectly ??????.
post-19091-1241304019.jpgChancer, can you explain to us your explanation of a true working dog. Must it be a big broad headed muscular power house that is marked up because if it is then i must be breeding incorrectly ??????.

thats my working terrier call it watever you want

lets see your pearl white russell.///

Edited by Chancer

Stevie

correct me if am wrong is a working show not judged on working dogs.???????

thats the reason i only attend a chosen few WORKING shows

yis chancer

so the shows you attend you know every person and there dogs working ability

so a marked up terrier= a good working terrier

a good judge will ask age feel the muzzle for signs of work .

some terrier are Bayer's and are used week in week out with few marks

others get smashed and work acouple of times a season to judge a working terrier

is not all about picking the most scared dog its the judge on the days opinion

the working terrier shows are fund raisers and social gatherings and long may

it be so , thats why the best entered terrier class is there ENTERED TO WHAT IS ANOTHER MATTER ;)

Edited by gonetoearth