what type is this??

hi guys quick query for those with NV experience

please look at pics below can you tell me the make and gen?? its about 4 or 5 years old i think maybe bit more and i think its a yukon but it has in the battey compartment

" MADE IN RUSSIA" and " NV200"

can i get it to work at futher ranges etc by buying extra infra red for it?

or can i just buy infra red filter for my lamp rather than pen type?

if so what kinda thing should i be looknig for and wheres good place to buy?

any info greatly appreciated

P1010054.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010056.jpg

know nowt about NV and i have this monocular and im thinking bout gettin a NV adapter for day/night for my scope any recommendations web links?

cheers

sauer

well was out this morning early doors trying to get a charlie that has been among our farmers land, i took the monocular to try before light came in.

well worked a treat wasnt great clarity but enough to differeniate between sheep n charlie could see quite far bout 60 -80 yards with the built in infra red thingy ma bob.

thinking if i get an infra red filter for my luson 2 million candle power ....will this allow me to see bit further????

think its a yukon gen1 noticed that after you turn it off it still works and "dies" down or fades for few minutes after.

no info?? anyone help? first fory into NV now thinkig bout an "add-on" for my swarovski 6x24x50 for those real troublesome lampshy buggers? whats the recommended add-on just now?

sauer

• 3 months later...

Rather a delay since your questions, and you probably have it sorted by now, but;

The IR filter on your Cluson will make a world of difference to your NV, it has to be seen to be believed. The down side being that a Cluson IR filter will probably cost an arm and a leg (its £102.95 for an IR lens for a Striker). The up side being that you can buy a sheet of IR lens material on fleabay for a tenner and it works equally as well. Just cut it to shape with a jigsaw and bolt it on with the original lens bolts. Seal any visible white light with black masking tape. I did my Cluson last year, it's brilliant.

I would not go the add-on route, it's clumsy, bulky (your eye will be near the butt of the stock) and they cost as much as a NV scope. You do have to have a gun dedicated to the NV, but that's an excuse to buy another gun.

I can recommend the ATN Mars 6X, I've been using one since they came out, identification at 250 yards plus on foxes is no problem, and you can spot the eyes at 500 yards with the luminator that comes with it.

Spotting with NV on a rife is not easy with a target weight rifle, so you will also need a monocular or some other lightweight NV to go with the scope. You can spot with a lamp then use the scope when you are closer, but of course this doesnt work with a lamp shy ones.

Edited by bobndog