greyhound

I know there is a ban and stuff but talkin about yalls pre ban here. How come I dont here more talk about greyhounds being the real deal fox dogs? I would think that a greyhound would be the ultimate fox dog but I guess I may be wrong. I am speaking completely day time running here, not lamping at all cause I know nothing about it.

Guest lurchers&terriers

iv had greyhounds and seen others on fox and each time its been extremely easy for the greyhound to catch the fox and even easier to deal with it. Its just one thing and one thing only that lets them down and of course that's the stamina. If they had the stamina i believe you could kill fox after fox with them no problem whatsoever.

Guest jade19

iv seen a few greyhounds do fox no problem at all half the problem is people only get f*cked greyhounds no one gives a good one away unless its an injury that will never heal and the people with the good greyhounds are real dog men and when your dog is fooked its put to sleep not given to someone to waste the dog runing it to the ground with injury . non chacers are ten a penny but people are only ever insted in them for two things breeding lurchers and pets and the pet folks neuter them and turn them into couch potatoes where as the others are just used for pups in my experience . i had a decent little bitch but she was prone to injury .

If there were more pure hounds available as pups maybe there would be more said about the work of them but people would probably prefer to buy a lurcher thats has thicker skin and more stamina better feet etc and lets face it there are enough of the poor dogs in rescue centre's as it is.

iv heard of full hounds being used dan and being good.I think some greyhounds might get too many injuries but i reckon its the same with any breed of dog pal .You will have your good ones and your bad ones

Guest oldskool
I sure wish more folks would respond to this. This has always had me wondering and I want to hear as many opinions as possible. I would think even a slow greyhound could catch a fox at least they should be able to.

i've had a total of 4 greyhounds in my time.... only one was capable of takin a fox on her own.... i dont have much luck with them, one got lost out coursing and the others except the old bitch i have now got killed runnin over roads or else banging into stuff

I've had 3 greyhounds, 1 ex racer and 2 from pups, all of which i treated like you would a lurcher,and all 3 took fox (pre ban). They all made catching anything look much easier than any lurcher i have ever seen, especially on the bigger stuff. Only down side was injury one broke its hock and the others there toes.

Just as well they make excellent pets!!

I believe if I were to run hare or fox I would have to go to the greyhound blood. I just would think they would be far superior to anything else. Not for lamping really cause I know nothing of that but for catchin hare and fox in the daytime.

the dam to my staghound bitch was a greyhound from racing lines that was raised as a pet when the mate got her she was 18mnths old and couldn't run his bull dog was faster he just kept giving her the oppertunity to learn and it wasnt long before she was taking all game unfortunetly she got a bit to good at the killing part and developed a taste for mutton so at 2.5yrs she meet her maker.