moulting

chay

[NO TEXT TALK] any ideas i got a male harris from som1 i know and when i picked him up he had dropped 6 feathers but as soon as i got him home he stoped he has dropped 1 in th 5 weeks ive had him .he gets a good mixture of food. and is always well fed .it seems like he has just stopped moulting and im begining 2 get very concerned.any feed back would be appreciated. thanks,

Guest DODDO
Could be the stress of the move, probably start again soon. I notice with my MHH that when weather was warmer and sunnier a few weeks ago he was dropping more feather, now its cooled off he's slowed up.

just let him settle mate he will start to drop again soon but you must let him settle hth

• 2 weeks later...

thanks 2 those who replied my bird is droppind feathers steady and coming on nicely.im hoping the weather holds 4 tomorow im going out with my fhh who is needing a flight again she is a new bird 2 me so i thought id get her fitness off to an early start,does any 1 on this site know of any falconry or hawking clubs or general meet ups in scotland? :good: