Working teckels/wirehaired daschund

Hi people

Some are For them i know and Some against, i dont think you can really comment too harshly on one though until youve had one. I have to confess that i was once one of those people who didnt think too much of them...then i bought one...now i'll never look back!

As a universal dog i think theyre incredible. Whatever you want from it, you'll get with a little patience. I know of them to pick up, track wounded deer, go to ground on foxes, obviously go to ground on badgers on the continent etc theyre a great size, cheap to keep and have that rogue of a personality that a teerier has, only you can keep up with them a little better!

Just wanted other opinions, have i been lucky with mine or are they just THAT good!?

Also i'm after a dog pup this year to work on foxes but also as a future stud dog to my bitch, i know of a litter in scotland later in the year but just wanted to find out if theres other breeding about.

Im not interested in Category A,B,C ***** as im not a fan of the Teckel society, personal reasons and im not going to get into a slanging match with any of you!

Im after a KC registered pup(continental blood would be great)

Regards

Tom

get in contact wae john hubery mate

i know he knows about them, ;)

any pics a yours

John has a b itch and she aint registered with the teckel society let alone the KC.

Tommydeer wants a KC registered one.......he will struggle to find a KC dachshund from working imported parents

I know some people dont like the teckel society ideals......but really they are just a register of imported working teckels, My dog is a cat A teckel society registered dog bought from a member on here and the stud dog owner is also a member and both work their dogs

where i do agree with tommydeer is they are truly versatile, and can do lots of things, a true jack of all trades and when space is at a premium and you only want one dog, a teckel can be a hound,terrier and gun dog if trained and raised right and given opportunity.

on the continent they are as widespread and as widely used as working terriers (JRT/Pats) are here

Good luck finding a working KC dachshund Tommydeer.....i think you will need a lot of luck

get in contact wae john hubery mate

i know he knows about them, ;)

any pics a yours

John has a b itch and she aint registered with the teckel society let alone the KC.

Tommydeer wants a KC registered one.......he will struggle to find a KC dachshund from working imported parents

I know some people dont like the teckel society ideals......but really they are just a register of imported working teckels, My dog is a cat A teckel society registered dog bought from a member on here and the stud dog owner is also a member and both work their dogs

where i do agree with tommydeer is they are truly versatile, and can do lots of things, a true jack of all trades and when space is at a premium and you only want one dog, a teckel can be a hound,terrier and gun dog if trained and raised right and given opportunity.

on the continent they are as widespread and as widely used as working terriers (JRT/Pats) are here

Good luck finding a working KC dachshund Tommydeer.....i think you will need a lot of luck

Im happy to agree and to disagree with you COMPO, i already know of a registered Danish import in Scotland, a Dog.

Even the bitch i have is registered with an imported father so they are out there, you just have to take your time finding them. Its each to their own, we all have our own ways of going about things, mine is not through the teckel Society.