Trapping Water Voles (Arvicola terrestris)

I know Water Voles are threatened and protected in the UK, but they're common and can be destructive pests in much of northern Europe. I recently saw some pictures and video of the damage they do, and I was amazed at how similar these animals are in their behavior and appearance to our pocket gophers. I understand that some of this species are mostly aquatic in their habits, and others mostly live underground in tunnels, and I'm mostly interested in the tunneling type. I have read on the internet that they can do extensive damage to farms and gardens in much of Europe.

I'm wondering if the trap I make for American pocket gophers would work well on the tunneling form of this animal. If anyone here traps these guys, or knows of anyone who would be likely to trap these guys, please let me know. I'd love to send over some sample traps and see how well they work on this species. I already have one guy in Norway who contacted me about using my traps for them and he is going to test them out, but it's still to frozen where he is to trap. If anyone can help out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's a picture of some of the damage they do. Looks identical to what pocket gophers do. Even the pattern of mounds is the same.

post-17486-1237169508.jpg