An Hour Ratting

just a few pic's of an hour ferreting rats from under a hen house its given me a bit of fun over the winter not braking any records but a bit of fun,i just used ivy and ace the mother an

cracking pics mate 2 strong looking dogs well done

did you used to be a bmx er, if not, soz, jack

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a few pic's of an hour ferreting rats from under a hen house its given me a bit of fun over the winter not braking any records but a bit of fun,i just used ivy and ace the mother an

20 yrs ago, i'd like to ad

stronge looking terriers them :thumbs: nice to see a mother and son working as a team. turned out nice that pup. i'd have put nets up also. dont want to many of them dirty little fuckers to get away :drink: great pics by the way. cleanspade

thanks matey we put the nets up because it pest control, farmers dont like seeing rats get away and with only a 4 foot gap to freedom, it has to be done :thumbs:

no me jack

no me jack

sorry kate, i meant dbritt ;)

no not me pal from leeds though :blink::blink:

no not me pal from leeds though :blink::blink:

yeh i know, but ner mind ;)

cracking pics mate,nice dogs too. when you use a longnet for ratting is it set just to stop the rats or do you use any bag to actually catch em?cheers.

i use it just to hold them up mate, i use the netting we used on top of the pheasy pens, peg it out if you can with electric fence poles and put soil over the bottom, we got 76 in know more than ten minutes from under bales and most of that time was the tractor moving them only 2 were missed,if we hadnt got it we wouldnt of got half that,another stack was no distance. might not look very sporting or proove your dogs are world beaters,but its about doing a good job :)

Guest tewkesferreter

just wondering as i wouldnt fancy trying to get a tangled rat out of a longnet,ive stared using purse nets for ratting and its hard enough getting em out of them,even after theyve met the bottom of my boot. i wasnt knocking you for using nets by the way,pest controls as the name says at the end of the day.

some fantastic pictures there mate .. any of them terriers up 4 stud they are real lookers great credit to you

no mate ace is only just a year old, needs to see alot more yet.

thanks for all the comments though :)