Ferret kits...lol

Well my first litter arrived yesterday from my silver, probably overnight. Another litter due Friday from my old trusty albino and next week a litter from my pole cat :D ...Yes lots of kits but a few people that want them and of course for myself as my workers have got rather old. My Jaffa is seven or eight years old, my old poley fitch is wandering about like a demented eighty year old auntie and needs a 'tap' :( ...And my fabulous albino that I can't really be sure of her age, came to me as a rescue a few years back. I will need to keep back a couple of hobs for summer work from now on and of course a jaffa to mind the harem :laugh:

Are others breeding just for the 'fun' of it or is there a need for you?

yis

Guest MOLLY

Neither in my case. Got my hob vasectomised like a responsible owner as soon as his little buds were big enough :rolleyes: Several weeks later i returned from holiday to find 5 kits from my albino and my polecat heavily pregnant :o I now have at least 14 kits the 2 litters are a week apart.

Thankfully the brilliant local ferret rescue are gonna take them, but the thought of trying to fit in handling 14 kits for several weeks to keep them hand tame is daunting...any hints and tips appretiated Mike :D

Of course ill have to keep 1 jill back...she is afer all my 1st grandchild :D

The rescue informed me they can still be fertile for up to 12wks after the snip....so ive informed my vets!!!

MOLL.

Guest RobW71

I'm keeping back 3 Jills and a Hob, there's a couple who want Hobs and others have expressed an intrest in Hobs and Jills to add new blood to their lines.

I don't suppose anyone has let you down Mike regarding the Silvers Kits?

Regards Rob

they pay £10/20 down here for them : :good:

:icon_eek: ....I'll be rich! :D

[quote name='RobW71' date='May 18 2006, 01:12 AM' post='83557'

I don't suppose anyone has let you down Mike regarding the Silvers Kits?

Regards Rob

Are you after a silver?.....Should be able to help you out :good: ...Hywel on here is/was after kits from me?...

The thought of trying to fit in handling 14 kits for several weeks to keep them hand tame is daunting...any hints and tips appretiated Mike :D

MOLL.

Take them to bed with you everynight Moll :D .....Just handle them every day, when they're big enough of course :good: ...Ten seconds with every kit daily over a four/five week period will ensure they're hand tame :)

Silvers go fo £25 down here .............and I got two jills with kits out of my silver hob and another getting a seeing too by him .........trying to establish a nice line of silvers and of course the surplus will help pay for a new pair of boots :D

Guest chilli

ive one jill with kits an its evry dicreaseing kits with her ?

They other one i thought was pregnant , she looked like she was getting big but her fanny is all swollen again today ! so i dont know whats happeneing there !!

so how savage are the little kits when you are hand taming them? something ive never read about, keen to know

new ferrets ive always had(3 so far) have all been nippy when i got them, till tey get used to me, execpt the last one, who is a evil f****r :D

Guest ferreting king

i havent handled the kits yet they are 1 week and 6 days old.........i handle them at about 3-4 weeks as i dont want the cent on the kits just incase the jill kills them!

Guest chilli
i havent handled the kits yet they are 1 week and 6 days old.........i handle them at about 3-4 weeks as i dont want the cent on the kits just incase the jill kills them!

Dosnt the jill like american money :laugh:

Guest MOLLY

Well its gonna be alot easier to handle them now...im down to 7 kits. The older 5 and only 2 from the 2nd litter, and one of them seems very small? :( I think only one of the jills is producing milk.

Thank god ill never have to go through this again :rolleyes:

MOLL.