DAWN REFLECTION

Guest LEARNER

Guest LEARNER

Left the house 5.30am, parked the motor at the lodge gates, then with young dog , casting this way and that, walked the footpath down to the lake, i called the dog to heel, and has the dawn broke ,just stood there with my thoughts, this is when life is worth living, just watching the mist rising from the water, looking uphill towards the big house, the first of the birds where starting to dawn opera, i felt that feeling only people at one with nature can only feel , winter is coming to a close, and even at this time i can feel the warmth of this new day, over 60 years on this earth , but standing there i was 25 again, the young dog was sniffing near a reed bed, i could tell by the his body movement, there was life some where close to him, this was not a time for hunting, again i patted my knee, and he came to my side, then i drifted into my thoughts again, i stood there for quiet a while, then i heard the murmer off distance voices, perhaps the gardeners starting thier shift, they always came early, i stood one more momement , then still wanting to be alone, walked back slowly towards the van.

Excellent posts, I think we have all had similar moments. Strange that without our dogs we would rarely find ourselves in the position to experience such wonderful things. And all the while those that try to stop us sleep comfortably in their beds totally unaware of the respect and gratitude we have for all things natural.

Roache

There must be something in the air. This morning i took a notion to put the dogs into the car, invite the other half and drive to a place where my grandfather had taken me on numerous occasions. Just to take in the breath taken view and i suppose he was contemplating life itself. He didn't have long left at the time without my knowledge of course, this was some years back. Parked up the motor and the missus knew where i had come to, and probably the whys. I aint been there in donkey's years. Walked not 50 yards when i was standing at the tip top point of the emerald isle its-self. Grandfather would holiday close by and walk his collie cross to this point when life was good to him and on his side. The wind would take the head off your shoulders at times but there was something this morning that was OUTSTANDING and a rush of exuberance for life itself, as it can so easily be taken from you. Few pics of the place in question this morning.

*Still thinking of ye granda*

pic1.jpg

The "Eire" is carved out i believe, dunno when though. Seems to have always been there in my time.

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg