CCI .22 subs

Having used Eley subs for a long time with no probs, I had to buy some CCI's recently. The fifth round out of the box definately had a hot load in it, I was target shooting at 60yds, the previous four rounds had hit point of aim, the fifth went supersonic and hit 3ins high.

Has anyone else had this problem with CCI's before?

You sometimes get the odd batch that has a problem, but I have let go a lot of different manufacturers .22lr over the years and as best as I can remember EVERYONES Subs has gone high velocity at some stage (even Eley) and 4 or 5 rounds have refused to go bang at all!!

It happens, but some...usually cheaper ammo, may be more prone to a bigger bang than others!! :thumbs:

Any more problems with this batch ?????

Deker is absolutely right. You seem to get the odd "cracker" in a box of .22lr, no matter who made them. I use CCI quite a lot, and yes, the odd "cracker" in the pack. I have also had loud ones from Winchester, Eley, Remington, Magtech etc. It's not so bad out in the field, but I suppose it spoils a good card for you, if it happens when shooting for a group on a target. These things are turned out by the million on a machine, so I expect the odd faulty one is not bad.

Deker is absolutely right. You seem to get the odd "cracker" in a box of .22lr, no matter who made them. I use CCI quite a lot, and yes, the odd "cracker" in the pack. I have also had loud ones from Winchester, Eley, Remington, Magtech etc. It's not so bad out in the field, but I suppose it spoils a good card for you, if it happens when shooting for a group on a target. These things are turned out by the million on a machine, so I expect the odd faulty one is not bad.

definately have, i use cci and have 2 to 3 crackers average every 100, thought it was a problem with oil in the chamber tho when i first experienced it certainly surprised me when it happened :o

Edited by chocky14u