send us your pics!

Below are some trout from a recent fishing trip to Lechlade Trout Fisheries, the weather was not the best half the lake was frozen but good sport none the less well worth the 110 mile drive, they weighed in at 8lb 2oz, 7lb 5 oz, 7lb 4 oz and 6lb 9 oz my mate caught a 10lb 2oz, i caught these fish on a hot head nymph, flexi leg daddie with a gold head and a hybrid buzzer.

i was going to say no way they are 7lb plus then i saw them hanging and changed my mind they dont look that size in the bottom of the boat but they do when hanging up

is it a heavily stocked water mate coz thier tails are all like thier fresh stockies or in a heavilystocked water,,,all the same nice fish and werth the trip well done nut :clapper:

Hi sorry late reply back to your question, yer think your right photo does not do them no justice really but i can guarantee you that they were the weights stated above and the average stock size is about 7 lb, the fishery is stocked daily yes, but there are some monster resident fish in there which are well worth aiming for and it is the place to go if you want quality big fish (doubles) because round my area nothing compares to lechlade which is why i travel so far, thanks for your comment.

Wingnut

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PICT0006.jpg

A Bonefish I caught in Mexico recently.

buetifull fish, wish i could afford to go there! but grayling and bass do for me fine.

It can be expensive to fish for Bones, but it is worth the money, they go like stink, down to the backing in seconds and they are such a cracking looking fish.

I like to catch Grayling too. My friend has a boat on the Solent and regularly fishes for Bass; we were supposed to fish for them last year but he said that the poor weather in May would have produced poor results, so it never happened. We hope to have a bash this May.

ever fished for bass on the fly? there amazing and they some into pretty shallow water in west wales. i catch grayling often but my favourite type of foishing is trying to catch salmon and sea trout on my 4 weight! i hooked a 9IB salmon onn my 4 wieght whilst grayling fishing and that was the best fight iv'e ever had in my life!

• 1 month later...