trying to post more pics

Yep after taking 2 days off work to get out with the ferrets that big load of snow has ruined things again.I enjoy any kind of weather as it is ill prepared clothing that spoils a good day and not the weather imo,however the snow on the roads stops me getting the places i want.Never mind hopefully pick a few tips up reading through these great forums.P1010010.jpg

Find it so much easier using the longnets around burys and also believe that it causes less noise and disturbance

I have noticed that if a rabbit runs from hole to hole and sees you on its way it usually ends up in a kill underground, as i am sure they fear us more than the ferrets and they dont show again.Its probably common sense for this however i hate it when this happens as i feel i should hide away and not let the rabbit see me.Just my observations.

P1010007.jpg

Pretty place however so bleak ,but with the company of 6 ferrets and this fresh air ,then i can sing along all day and no one shouts at me,funny looks from the ferrets though!

P1010027.jpg

I dont think that the grounds have been totally dry now for at least 2 years.The low fields are just saturated and the rabbits seem to have moved to higher grounds.I can get more Ducks than rabbits now off the low pastures.

P1010028.jpg

I have a question for how long to leave the large warrens after they have been ferreted,weeks or months.Everyone has there favourite warrens but how far can you go in keep emptying them before they are never used again.

Also if i see rabbits running to the warrens on my way to them how long would you leave it to calm down ,or do you not think it makes any difference,as when i get there i am not standing over the holes making a noise as i just set a longnet or 2 right around the holes and sit back.

Your right about the longents causing less disturbance Pat, more bolt when you have been nowhere near the holes, and they definately don't come out again after they have seen my mug!

The snow has stopped me getting out this last week, and I'm dying to get out. :doh: