I'm looking to buy my husband a lamp - my daughters' often go out with him so he has someone else there to hold the lamp..i saw ones that seem to attach to the front of the gun. I've looked through on line catalgues etc..but not sure what to choose. Can anyone help?

I'm looking to buy my husband a lamp - my daughters' often go out with him so he has someone else there to hold the lamp..i saw ones that seem to attach to the front of the gun. I've looked through on line catalgues etc..but not sure what to choose. Can anyone help?

Do you want a hand held or a gun mounted one ? lightforce are a very good lamp thats what most folk will use i hope this helps you

For shooting with..is a gun mounted light better? He usually has someone with him so a hand held one isnt a problem. There seems to be a huge variation in different ones..and i just dont know which one to go for. :blink:

Thanks for your advice so far.

Edited to add the one he currently has is 1.5million candle power but its reaching the end of its life..the light begins to dim after a short period of time despite having been charged properly, its old now too.

Edited by redmoor
For shooting with..is a gun mounted light better? He usually has someone with him so a hand held one isnt a problem. There seems to be a huge variation in different ones..and i just dont know which one to go for. :blink:

Thanks for your advice so far.

Edited to add the one he currently has is 1.5million candle power but its reaching the end of its life..the light begins to dim after a short period of time despite having been charged properly, its old now too.

Lightforce lamps can be gun mounted or handheld. SL 140 or SL 170 would be ideal.HTH's :thumbs: