Woodcock

Guest MOLLY

Place the woodcocks in a slow cooker with water, challots, veg stock, oxo cube, a sprinkle of coarse ground pepper, small amount of garlic and mild chilli. And just basically leave it for 6hrs.

woodcock.jpg

Thicken gravy and serve on creamed Maris piper mash, steamed carrots, turnip, broccoli and sprouts.

Slow cookers make life sooo easy :D

woodcock1.jpg

Out of this world, first time ive tried woodcock, like a milder version of venison.

woodcock2.jpg

MOLL.

Guest chilli

You couldnt hold of any more !! back to your pyscho killer ways i see millet !! looks nice molly allmost as nice as the bit of briosket i had yesterday !! goergeous it was carnt beat a nice pot roast mmm . shalots are nice to the bedroom smelt though mrs wouldnt stop farting all night !!

Mashed maris piper :no::no::no: you heathen theyre for roasting or chipping not mashing :cry:

Guest MOLLY
Look's nice.. :yes: ... but what a waste you have actually left some on the plate.. :whistle: ..You must be poorly because you allway's lick the plate when you are finished.. :tongue2: ..

Millet

:icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface::laugh: You cant tell how high the pile of mash was on the photo :icon_redface:

Mashed maris piper :no::no::no: you heathen theyre for roasting or chipping not mashing :cry:

Try them, done in the pressure cooker, then mashed with a big knob of butter ;)

MOLL.

• 3 weeks later...

I like woodcock and pigeon combined an easy way to get woodcock is to walk on the roads throgh forestry at dusk they fly by the road a lot they call this roading but the best bit is they give you a little whistle about a hundrd yards away from you as they see you giving you plenty of time to take em out they also croak as they fly directly over you

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MOLLY

Thank you very much...tasted much better than it looked...my mouths watering remembering :D

Its venison, rabbit, pheasant and pigeon pie this weekend...gotta keep him sweet cos he's taking me ratting on Monday :yes:

MOLL.