i have never cleaned mine out, all i do is give it a squirt with wd40 in both ends every time i use it then stand it on a piece of paper towel till the next time i use it. i have no idea how you could clean it out though.

If any one is interested border barrels have a stainless steel version of the t8. excellent looking mod :thumbs:

Brake cleaner squirt in both ends. Strip down and lightly brush away any carbon build up using the cleaner as well. re-assemble using moly-grease sparinly on the threads, put too side till required for next outing........alternately.......... let carbon build up add some flammable oil like wd40, let dry and repeat process. Continue till you blow mod up and probably hurt some-one as well.

Its some thing that needs addressed in the industry. With all the money spent there is a complete lack off cleaning/stripping procedure info when you by a mod or a rifle. I have bought a Tikka and a Howa and a captive bolt humane killer in the last 3 yrs along with several mods, all state too keep in a good state of repair yet no information. A SG comes with it all ,well beretta at least. I think with the money spent a simple cleaning kit and instructions too get started should be mandatory, I mean these are firearms.

As an ex-biker Weejohn I used wd40 like everyone for everything. I was talking too some professional stalkers about moderators and this is where I got my take on it and to me it makes sense. HOWEVER..you got the paperwork which is more than I've had so go with it. When I strip my wildcat though, there are periodical build ups off carbon. And without access too it how can it be clean especially by WD,its not what its for. Try the brake cleaner.

I'm no expert by a long shot John, has anyone else got a take on this.

mines rusted out, and i looked after it, wd 40 as as anti crossive agent, and brake cleaner to shift the carbon, little taps on a worktop to get the crap out also,

As this was the only mod at the time, people purchased it.....now there are plenty of other to choose from, and some are strippable....... :thumbs:

i have had my t8 now for six years, i wouldnt like to guess how many rounds have been through it, i only clean it if it has been raining and like we john fire some wd40 down both ends and it goes straight back on the rifle never comes off only for cleaning, 2,000 + rounds and still going strong.

i have had my t8 now for six years, i wouldnt like to guess how many rounds have been through it, i only clean it if it has been raining and like we john fire some wd40 down both ends and it goes straight back on the rifle never comes off only for cleaning, 2,000 + rounds and still going strong.

jesus mate you must of got a good one, anyone i know who bought one a few years back doesn't have them now........ :blink:

including me........... rusted inside to out......... :angry: