One of my best days to date...

well done nice bag there,good pics aswellhows your dog bred mate

hi bez

sire is from one of hanncocks collie/greyhound and dam is whippet/greyhound.

she is two years old now...

Thats a fine bag of bunnies mate wouldn't mind seeing a 1/4 of that here....nice looking dog as well.

Edited by undisputed

hi brimmer

ive used both over the years but now i only use hobs,i find there shift rabbits much better.

on the outing in the pics my mate put his jill in a small 3 holer was in for about 10 mins

and came back out.

i knew at least 1 was home so i put in the hob within 10 secs it bolted.

What do you think ?

hi brimmer

ive used both over the years but now i only use hobs,i find there shift rabbits much better.

on the outing in the pics my mate put his jill in a small 3 holer was in for about 10 mins

and came back out.

i knew at least 1 was home so i put in the hob within 10 secs it bolted.

What do you think ?

Seen it over and over mate. ;)

Good jills are hard to find, when you get a good one, never let it go for anything. :notworthy:

Hobs seem to have the upper hand on shifting or killing the real stubborn rabbits. When i first started off ferreting 32 yrs ago (i'm only 36 now by the way) jills were the key to everything, no locaters and bolting was the norm.

I't still plays it's part in today's sort of ferreting, especially on the deep warrens, creep up, net up, back off and put in the jill.

If it can be dug easy, put in the hobs and just get on with it, maybee if it's tricky then go back to the old school way.

I started off with the old school way, but with locaters and the spade, in some situations it was far quicker to get the job done in minutes rather than hours.

Every situation is different, but if you have all the tools, then the world is your oyster! :thumbs:

Hobs take less funny business from the rabbit, but the jills can save a lot of digging in certain areas. (I'm not scared of the spade by any means mate!) :thumbs:

got a few big jills but let my hob strain dye well not dead never took numbers of people who worked them ,i wa s useing hobs early ninties better than most jills and more relaible on a mark, but got a good jill, hopefully sheel breed but 6 now so sods law to old as she missed last time,had some great dog ferrets but only a few cracking jills

got a few big jills but let my hob strain dye well not dead never took numbers of people who worked them ,i wa s useing hobs early ninties better than most jills and more relaible on a mark, but got a good jill, hopefully sheel breed but 6 now so sods law to old as she missed last time,had some great dog ferrets but only a few cracking jills

Whin you always seem to leave it late to breed stuff! :D

Once again if you struggle, give me a shout! ;)