hi all im neil, been ferreting nearly all my life but never used dogs before.just started going with a new friend who has used dogs for all quarry before but now has nowhere to keep a dog. so as you can tell im now looking after a pup he has just brought.i want some advice on feeding and training methods,the pup is 3/4 greyhound with whippet/deerhound/collie making up the rest ,it will be used for all quarry night and day.

hi all im neil, been ferreting nearly all my life but never used dogs before.just started going with a new friend who has used dogs for all quarry before but now has nowhere to keep a dog. so as you can tell im now looking after a pup he has just brought.i want some advice on feeding and training methods,the pup is 3/4 greyhound with whippet/deerhound/collie making up the rest ,it will be used for all quarry night and day.

not being funny mate but if your looking after his dog ,and he has kept them for years he should have told you all you need to no .

ok mate i wont ask any more questions .see this is a freindly site?

Nothing to do for the pup over the next few months except let him be a pup :D Just get his jabs, feed him good food, play with him, get him doing the very basic things like sit, come, fetch ... and enjoy him.

Personally I don't think there's anything else needs doing with them till they're over six months. That gives you loads of time to read up and ask folks what comes next :thumbs: