Juttal man

Guest Juttal

Guest Juttal

This is my first time on this site it was recomnened to me by a friend,now being the fact computers and me don't get on very well! is mainly the reason i have not replied before. i would like to say if it was not for my son, who is typeing this i would still be possibly reading it only. LAD'S this is a great site so try not let it die out. it deals with alot of poaching issues, something i am very familar with. i was brought up in a family were luchers and terriers were always in our house, my father who is 87 still keeps dogs although these days more for company than anything else. in order to start this i have to tell one of my early incidents with the law, i was 17 at the time and lamping and hunting were our main soucre of income. to be honest it was the first time i was caught deer poaching with dogs at night, we were on our way back down the hill with a deer in the back of the van, my mate who was in the back trying to seperate the dogs from fighting. the road was so narrow, that you had to pull in if another car came up. as you guested, another car came up, and it was a police car with 3 coppers in it, he rolled down his window and asked where i was coming from, now it was about 3 o' clock in the morning quickly thinking i replied from a friends house. the copper told me to pull over, i nodded said thank you and pretended i did not hear him so pulled off. i told my mate to keep his head down, now as i said the road being narrow i said we have some chance to make a run for it considering the police car would have to do a turn to come after us. now i was not driving that long, so going up threw the gears in an old van i was a bit slow, but when i got to about 40mph i thought we were flying and home free, when my mate noticed a blue flashing light coming hard and fast behind us, i rolled down the window and my mate threw the lamp and battery out into a ditch going by. i could not understand how the coppers were so quick to turn, considering the width of the road, my mate shouted there in reverse. now here the embrassing part we were caught by the police car who was in reverse. i basically took a corner to fast and ended up off the road i might add the copper took the same corner in reverse and was still on the road, they jumped out of there car pulled my door open and proceededto beat me with a batton, now w my mate who was hiding in the back was not noticed yet. but when they opened the doors and found him hiding under some canvas he got a worse beating than me. we were put into the back of the partol carand brought straight down to the police station to be questioned, we refused to talk saying we had pain's in our heads from the beating. we were put into seperate cells over night and the following morning brought straight down to the court for prosecution. the copper said they had an open and shut case. now the case before our's your man got 3 years for G.B.H and i thought we are rightly f**ked . this justice handed out sentence like confetti. we were asked had we got counsel or did we wish the court to provide one, to my surprise my mate replied we were representing ourselfs, this is the first i knew about it. when the evidence was provided it was pictures of the dead deer taken at the police station. the copper got out his little black book and proceeded to tell what happened. the judge asked us for an explaination my mate stood up and told the judge we found the deer at the side of the road, he had been hit by a carand was still alive and we were taking it to a vet. the courtroom up roared with laughter, now even the judge found it hard to keep a straight face. the judge replied: looking at these pictures he must of been hit by a train. why had you got the deer covered up when the police stopped you. my mate replied: to stop it going into shock by keeping it warm. the judge then asked the coppers was any fire-arms/knifes found on us copper replied no. know let me explain when we caught the deer we forgot ot bring a knife, so we dragged the deer over to the river and drowned it, in all honest this is what really happened, don't forget we were only 17. judge asked: in what manor was this animal killed: the copper replied by dogs. now anyone who kills deer with a dog will tell you bite marks are notalways noticeable unless you leave the animal with the dog.we wanted to get the deer from the dog before bruising would occur, for a better price in sale. the judge decided in his wisdom not to do us for poaching, but for possesion of wild game without a licence. we were duly prosecuted, but we were happy we were not doing a strench. when we walked out of the courtroom we proceeded to get back into the patrol car that brought us there. the copper who was chargeing us arrived out and said what the f**k are you's pair doing, get out and walk. we had a couple of mile to walk back to the station where our van was, being the fact we had no money with us, for even a bus. when we arrived at the station the copper who did all the mouthing was there, and i can tell you he was fuming over the out-come. we were told our van was in the yard out the back.when we opened the van the smell of dog's and deer was something else, plus the van was searched throughly by the coppers for weapons, so it was not in good shape, as well as the dogs were at to craping on the seats but the deer was still in the back so we drove out the gates and away

now i would like to say this was nearly 30 years ago, since then we have brushed up quiet alot.

and still poach as much today if not more

Many thanks lad's

Juttal