Birds In Flight

Would you take one out?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Flying birds and air rifle hits.

• would you?
    • could you?
    • have you?

putting airguns on ticket wouldnt stop idiots! just like banning handguns stopped all gun crime in the uk! :blink:

education is the way to go rather than more restrictions!

A few years ago I'd have agreed with you. However having read this, and other forums, over the years I can't help but wonder whether it will happen. There is far more information available, now, than ever before yet look at this thread and the other running parallel to it.

I seriously believe that putting rifles on ticket, doing away with the power restrictions, would at the very least keep legitimate shooters safe from further scrutiny.

What currently goes on will be our downfall if left unchecked. We can't keep our heads buried in the sand if we want to save the sport.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hyperion

i think you may be right!

after all you cant tell them that wont listen!

id be sad to see airguns go on ticket but it could be the only way if they keep being missused!

but how do you get all the airguns in the uk on ticket?? it would be a mamoth job!

but how do you get all the airguns in the uk on ticket?? it would be a mamoth job!

That's the hard part as there are so many in circulation.

My suggestion would be an amnesty followed by a registration date. You either fulfill the requirements or risk carrying an illegal firearm. At least this way the criminal fraternity will carry on as they have done and the responsible shooters will co-operate with the law to show they're legit.

After numerous conversations with the local Armed Response Units, they actively encourage people to come to them for advice and would love the co-operation as it makes their lives easier. My local firearms bobby even said they wished more people would apply for FAC's and SGC's as it immediately gives them people to eliminate from their enquiries, when a crime is committed.

I can't see another way out of this. Airgunning is coming under constant scrutiny... we've seen the law changed several times, in recent years, how long before we lose the lot?

Is conceding some ground tactically beneficial in the long run?

but if your air rifle has to be on ticket whats the point in having an air rifle?

why not just bypass the whole thing and get a rimfire?

Because a rimfire isn't always the best tool for the job.

Ticket would involve something similar to the SGC and involve a proficiency test in shooting and safety.

Doesn't have to be super rigorous but it does have to attempt to address the current clusterfuck of the system.

Guest hyperion
but if your air rifle has to be on ticket whats the point in having an air rifle?

why not just bypass the whole thing and get a rimfire?

Because a rimfire isn't always the best tool for the job.

Ticket would involve something similar to the SGC and involve a proficiency test in shooting and safety.

Doesn't have to be super rigorous but it does have to attempt to address the current clusterfuck of the system.

Rimfires can be overkill sometimes though and not suitable round buildings/sheds where the air rifle excells. Horses for courses....

with our police/goverment i think it would be an all or nothing!

i think you should have to prove your insured before you can buy an airgun! i think that would put a fair few morons off!

i can see the thing about using a rimfire in and around buildings but there is no such thing as overkill!

dead is dead to my mind!

Guest hyperion
Perhaps i worded that wrong, i didn't mean overkill for the quarry itself, more the situation for targeting the quarry e.g round buildings...

fair doos!

like the pigeons i was shooting this morning!, no way i could have used a rimfire!

was in a stand of trees with farm yard one field away then two fields to a public road and some houses!