German shepherdx greyhound

read about a white german shephard x greyhound called * SOLO* in the countrymans weekly about 1 year ago , cant remember much about it but do remember the article sayin was a quality dog catching rabbits all day long , and a good lamp dog , but again i dont member much buh maybe good to see a pic :) ...

regards

Dale

Shepherds, along with other breeds do suffer from Hip dysplasia. However these tend to be the show/pet bred dogs found in this country. European imports are not only tested for physical problems but must gain working qualifications before they are bred from. :good: One Schutzhund 3 dog has recently been exported to the USA for £32,000 :icon_eek:

Idealy the hip score should be low with an even score for each hip (breed average is 19 i think), I have two dogs from imports and the older dogs score is 2:2 ansd his son has just turned two so I shall test them in the near future.

Working Shepherds are a different dog from british bred dogs and are far better prospect for breeding a lucher. :D

Guest oldskool

yep, i had one about 6 years ago, he was supposed to be a first cross. Ben was a fantastic jumper and retriever and really obedient. he was also a really good all rounder by anyones standards although a bit slow for hare but plenty of heart and bottle. he looked a bit like a full german shepherd with a slimmer and slightly more streamlined body. in the looks department he wasnt to my taste but regardless of that he was a great worker :good: . hit by a car at the age 9, a very undeserving end to a great dog! worse still is i never got a pic of him. :cry: however, i did realise that towards the end his back legs did begin to crouch slightly at around the age of 7 or so! personally i think its nice to see some one who likes to try different things but if your not sure i wud just stick to crosses that have already been tried and tested. this weeks country mans weekly has a guy in it who wants to try a working a poodle. i wish him the best of luck with that one. :blink: but maybe i need to get out more :)