STOLEN GUNDOGS

Guest ESS

Thought this might be of interest and worth circulating:

On Friday Chris Burns in Kent had 5 dogs and his landrover stolen.

None have turned up as yet. The landrover is a dark green 110 high cab with dog kennels built into the back and plate DOG K9. The spare wheel cover has "Breezeleaf Spaniels" printed on it.

The dogs are much more important; 2 cocker pups of 8 months one black and one liver - and 2 spaniel pups of the same age - one black and white and one liver and white, and his current trial dog "Twig". There is a photo of Twig on Breezeleafspaniels.co.UK and video of the pups on Shooting Times where Chris is doing short training videos (also on YouTube).

As it is so close to Christmas it might be that these pups have been stolen to order - but if they are going to homes the families are in for a nasty surprise. These are full on working dogs, not house trained, always kenneled outside, and unless they are with people who know about working dogs they will be very destructive. Docked and dew clawed too. So they could turn up for re-homing and they must have suddenly turned up somewhere too

Can I ask you to send this round ? The more people that know about this the more possibility there is of something good happening here.

do you know location of theft ie shooting ground, home ,town ,pub or somwhere routinley used targeted theft of gundogs or vehicle theft.In my area if dogs are docked they have to be ID chipped there should be a regester of stolen dog ID no's checked at time of booster injections.It's a bloody shame hope this lad has some luck.

Thought this might be of interest and worth circulating:

On Friday Chris Burns in Kent had 5 dogs and his landrover stolen.

None have turned up as yet. The landrover is a dark green 110 high cab with dog kennels built into the back and plate DOG K9. The spare wheel cover has "Breezeleaf Spaniels" printed on it.

The dogs are much more important; 2 cocker pups of 8 months one black and one liver - and 2 spaniel pups of the same age - one black and white and one liver and white, and his current trial dog "Twig". There is a photo of Twig on Breezeleafspaniels.co.UK and video of the pups on Shooting Times where Chris is doing short training videos (also on YouTube).

As it is so close to Christmas it might be that these pups have been stolen to order - but if they are going to homes the families are in for a nasty surprise. These are full on working dogs, not house trained, always kenneled outside, and unless they are with people who know about working dogs they will be very destructive. Docked and dew clawed too. So they could turn up for re-homing and they must have suddenly turned up somewhere too

Can I ask you to send this round ? The more people that know about this the more possibility there is of something good happening here.

sorry to here about this i will look in my area i no im in north wales but near me there is a site as to say that i have seen stolen dogs there and ferrets to.

its like loseing a child this lets hope you find them and get what they need

one thing i hope to do with a lot of help from every one in the uk is by 2010 is try to seeif every game fair wil check all working dogs as they come in to the fairs ie all working dogs today are all chipped it only take a seconed to to scan it and the person with it has to tell them the address and name of the dog.

it may look hard but i dont think this is

can people on here please leave a message to say what you all think

sorry to here about this i will look in my area i no im in north wales but near me there is a site as to say that i have seen stolen dogs there and ferrets to.

its like loseing a child this lets hope you find them and get what they need

one thing i hope to do with a lot of help from every one in the uk is by 2010 is try to seeif every game fair wil check all working dogs as they come in to the fairs ie all working dogs today are all chipped it only take a seconed to to scan it and the person with it has to tell them the address and name of the dog.

it may look hard but i dont think this is

can people on here please leave a message to say what you all think

What an excellent idea but why can't it be done in 2009.

And i do hope ess, your friend gets his dogs back, if i lost my dogs it would be like losing one of my children.

All the best

Alex

Edited by alexewers

really hope the bloke gets his dogs back can't begin to imagine what he is feeling right now

j davies microchipping is done in seconds and very cheap there should be no excuse not to get it done if you value your dogs as for the scanning at game fairs and events like that brilliant :clapper:

really hope the bloke gets his dogs back can't begin to imagine what he is feeling right now

j davies microchipping is done in seconds and very cheap there should be no excuse not to get it done if you value your dogs as for the scanning at game fairs and events like that brilliant :clapper:

yes mate in wales now you have to have your working dog chipped before its tail and dew claws are done its a good thing

got both my dogs done