Luke and Polecat

After being let down TWICE by Mr Hancock (first litter I had a pup booked from died within two days of being born, second out of Kubla Khan there was only one pup born. Now I know it's nature and all that but gut instinct tells me when this happens within a couple of weeks and the dogs normally turn out good litters, something could be up) and on the hunt for a hunting partner for the deerhound x, something a bit smaller, tighter on the turns which can also bush and push 'things' :rolleyes::ninja: out to the big dog, I make a few calls asking folks to keep there eyes and ears peeled

Anyway, Polecat phones - it turns out that Luke knows of a whippet/ grey 1st x that's up for grabs FOC. So I pops along this morning with Frost for a wee look and it was love at first sight! An absolute belter! Well, says I, if Frost ain't sure, I bloody am and home she goes with yer uncle Misty. Now, normally I wouldnt entertain an adult dog but she just caught me as soon as I saw her.

We took the dogs for a walk and let her off the lead to see what she was like. She hunted up well, pushed a bunny out of some bushes, nearly caught a cock pheasant as it took off and even got on well with the deerhound x (honestly, they're like feckin little and large. lol) She walks at heel without a lead, recalls well, seems to love jumping and is as keen as I've seen for a while.

The fella admitted she's not been worked much for a while so needs her fitness sorted out - no major hassles there then - and as we know two other local lads with litter sisters who are really doing the business, I have some high hopes for her.

So, a big thanks to Polecat and Luke for putting us onto her and without further ado, please allow me to introduce you to the newest member of the Misty household - Titch:

Photo164.jpg

Photo162.jpg

Photo165.jpg

I know the pics are crap but I only had the camera phone with me, needless to say you'll see some belters over the coming days, weeks and months as I see how she progresses.

Edited by mistwalker

Recently i have heard quite a few horror stories about hancock dogs so its probably for the best. I heard about one pup that someone bought from him as it had a week left before the bullet because it was unsold, the pup grew up with shot hips and tumors, went to a pet home. Glad to see you have found what you were looking for and she looks nice, how old is she?

Also will this effect the calendar as you wont be travelling to the midlands for the pup anymore?

all the best

amanda x

She's three years old (as I say, older than I'd have liked but she just seems right to me), don't worry, the calendars still a go-er ;)

Thats the main thing (that she seems right to you). 3 years is no age and you'll have plenty of years left with her.

And thanks, just let me know the date for the first photos and i can arrange it with the girls :thumbs:

glad you went and looked big guy and hope this bitch does you proud mate :victory::victory:

Seriously wee man, she's a right wee grafter, nose down, eyes onto everything, seems well up for it - I really reckon she's gonna do well. A few weeks o fitness work and we'll get her up the woods for a run :ninja:;) should do well up there wi the big yin. btw I got your photo ready for you . Gie's a buzz

do i know you mate? pm if you prefer? was it you that had the sire? is the litter that j l has the good dog out of this one? i still have oliver and i know he isn't a first x whip/grey

yes i know you mate we were out with kevin for a hunt a while back

i have the sire.J L had a litter out of the brother of mists bitch kevin

has a bitch out the litter :thumbs: